• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    From the producers of Band of Brothers (Tom Hank, Steven Speilberg, and Gary Goetzman).

Going to be a 10 Part Miniseries.

It is similar, although unrelated, to Band of Brothers. Whereas Band of Brothers focused on the United States Army's involvement in the European Theater of Operations, the new series will be about United States Marine Corp's actions in the Pacific Theater of Operations

The Pacific is based primarily on two memoirs of U.S. Marines: With the Old Breed by Eugene Sledge and Helmet for My Pillow by Robert Leckie. The series will tell the stories of the two authors and Marine John Basilone, as the war against the Empire of Japan rages.

If you go to HBO: The Pacific: Homepage you can watch a couple of About Trailers, It premiers March 14 at 9pm.

I am a huge fan of Band of Brothers, asked for the DVD box set of it for Christmas after I saw a couple of episodes on the History Channel and I have watched the entire series 5 times, once in one day with some friends. If The Pacific is going to be anything like BoB I will definitely have to buy the Box set. I am hoping that I will be able to watch a episode on HBO or Hulu when it comes out.
    Target Sports

itzpookiie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    houston
    got band of brothers on blu ray the moment it came out
    still waiting for saving private ryan but spielberg doesnt want to release it

pacific will be something to look forward to
    but i have a feeling it wont live up to band of brothers since its about 3 characters(i think)
    but it will be something nice to watch

Top Bottom