• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    I am new to TGT and have read through this forum. I still have a question or two. I have not reloaded in over fifty (yes 50!) years and the technologies and hardware advances are amazing ! I have assembled powders and primers for the calibers I am going to start with. 45LC and .223. I just started the first load of brass in the Frankford Arsenal rotary tumbler using steel media. My next purchases are a powder scale or measurer scale combo and a press. I learned long ago to pay the price for quality so I don't cry later. I had decided to purchase the Hornady Lock n Load Iron Press however it is back ordered everywhere. Any suggestions on a comparable press ? I am leaning towards the Hornady Auto Charge measure/scale. My eyes are too old for a beam scale. Anyway the combo really appeals to me. Any input good or bad is appreciated. Thank you in advance !!
    ARJ Defense ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I always suggest looking for used RCBS equipment for its lifetime warranty. Digital scale with a pared powder dispenser are nice but not without problems. A/C vents blowing can effect them. No power no good. Calibration before use sucks in my mind.

As far as Hornday my only experience are a set of .300 Whisper does that I hate.

Austinpilot69

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I second RCBS. I typically buy Lee stuff which has treated me well but I recently bought some RCBS equipment which broke. I emailed them, and they emailed back within hours, on New Year’s Day of all days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I have two RCBS presses whichI bought used in 1969, I have a balance scale and suggest investing in a flexible arm lighted magnifier... puts light wherever you need andthe 6"magnifier lensmakes scale reading and go-no-go easy

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Where are you located? I might be able to help you with some stuff if you’re close to San Antonio.

Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    Well thank you all for your ideas !! I looked into RCBS presses this evening and found that there is a bushing conversion kit for the Hornady Lock N Load bushings. I like the ease that it affords. I am very impressed with the first tumbling out of my rotary tumbler. I attached a couple of pictures. This is all new to me and is probably "old hat" to you folks. The first pic is a before and after. C.tiberius we get into SA every few weeks. Probably come in about the middle of the month.

Attachments

• brass1.jpg
      brass1.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 59
    • Brass2.jpg
      Brass2.jpg
      92.6 KB · Views: 61

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    8bd867b215871e0b0bb4a34b768568ff.jpg

I have a set of dies for 45 LC that I don’t need, you can have it, I and I might have some cast bullets.
    Pm me when you’re heading this way and I’ll have some stuff for you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom