• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    So I finally made it out to Laredo's ONLY public range and threw down my $$ and got a membership. ( I got a discount 'cause I'm an EMT)

After looking the place over I landed at the 25/30 yard area and ran a few through my 357. Growing bored of this, I grabbed my 22 marlin and headed for the 25-50-100-200-+++ rifle pavilion. I've got to admit ; I was pleasantly surprised when I started hitting at the 100 and 200 yard marks with a moderate headwind.

My overall impression of the place... It's not bad, it's not great, and for the cash I put down for a key to the place it sure beats having to drive all the way out to my family's ranchito to squeeze off a few rounds.
    ARJ Defense ad

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    North star mall?! isn't that the one that is down by the river a block or two away from St Agustin plaza?

if so, it's gone down hill ... WAY down hill

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Oh yah! MDN recently got bought up by a big conglomerate. They gave it a much needed facelift. Looks great now 'adays

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    the mentality hasn't changed according to legend. everyone still thinks it's a small town... uhh... Del Mar got annexed...rio bravo and el cenizo are still unfriendly ... were about 300,000 people strong.... laredo straches from rio bravo's boarder up to mile marker 10 i think

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    It's a decent place to shoot, but some one needs to build a nice indoor range. Laredo is too damn hot!

Go to any McDonald's in Laredo and they ALWAYS speak to you in Spanish, I freakin' hate that!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I can relate kid, only no ranchito. I can drive 60mi to city indoor range, pay $20/session or drive 60mi to club, $50/ year and often have whole farkin place to myself. Not a 1st class high falutin club but has everything and more than I need

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    It's a decent place to shoot, but some one needs to build a nice indoor range. Laredo is too damn hot!

Go to any McDonald's in Laredo and they ALWAYS speak to you in Spanish, I freakin' hate that!

I have been working on a business plan for an indoor range. all I need is an investor and one of the local gun shops to agree to leasing out the show room space I've got planned out. Iv'e got a loong way to go yet and lets be real for a min. who's going to trust that much cash to a 25 year old HAHA

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Depends on how good your plan is and how well how present it AND yourself. Can you figure out how many people go to the outdoor range in a month/year?

Also, I would ask each of the LGS's what their retail requirements are and what they would change from current instead of designing first. Could easily affect overall costs up or down. Since there is no competition, call ranges in other cities and solicit their opinions. Also dont forget the NRA may at least offer advise/statistics.

Get it built first, then I'll drive my old ass to Laredo for our duel. But you gotta buy me tacos first - I don't shoot well on an empty stomach

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    Depends on how good your plan is and how well how present it AND yourself. Can you figure out how many people go to the outdoor range in a month/year?

Also, I would ask each of the LGS's what their retail requirements are and what they would change from current instead of designing first. Could easily affect overall costs up or down. Since there is no competition, call ranges in other cities and solicit their opinions. Also dont forget the NRA may at least offer advise/statistics.

Get it built first, then I'll drive my old ass to Laredo for our duel. But you gotta buy me tacos first - I don't shoot well on an empty stomach

you could do a pit stop at my family's ranch in benavides for a shooting warmup before heading out to the Laredo Duel. I got to take care of my fellow Glockers....

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    A warm up session is always a good idea. Maybe I can convince you to set up in a sniper location and you wing a knee for me right before we draw ;-)

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    thinks we need to set some ground rules.... I say .22's only! and have a 25 yard 100 yard and 200 yard heats

Top Bottom