• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Date: 9/23/24 17:33

Former FBI Agent Pleads Guilty to Theft After Stealing From J6er During Search Warrant

A former FBI agent pleaded guilty to theft after stealing from several Houston residents while executing search warrants.

Former FBI agent Nicholas Anthony Williams, who worked as an FBI special agent in Houston since 2019, has been convicted of theft and providing false statements.

One Houston resident who Williams stole from was Alexander Fan, who was previously sent to one year of probation after climbing into the Capitol through a broken window.

After Williams and several other agents executed a search warrant at Fan’s residence, he filed a complaint that his silver and cash were missing.

In a statement, U.S. Attorney Alamdar S. Hamdani shared, “Nicholas Williams betrayed that legacy and the community’s trust when he decided to pad his own pockets at the expense of a citizen’s rights.”

“Because no one is above the law, the system of justice that he once swore to protect will now seek to hold him to account for breaking that oath,” added Hamden.

Per Houston Chronicle:

A former FBI agent has pleaded guilty to theft after stealing from multiple Houston residences while executing search warrants, including against one man who was sentenced for taking part in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, U.S. Attorney Alamdar Hamdani announced in a Monday news release.

Nicholas Anthony Williams worked as an FBI special agent in the Houston Field Office since 2019, serving on both the criminal violent gang and counterterrorism squads. In January, Williams was indicted for stealing property and money from residences while conducting searches in his official capacity as an FBI agent. He was convicted for both theft and providing false statements after several fraudulent charges were also discovered on his government-issued credit card, according to the release.

One of the men he stole from was Alexander Fan, a Houston man who was sentenced to one year of probation for climbing into an office through a broken window and remaining in the office. He filed a complaint regarding missing cash and silver.

In a press release, the DOJ shared that Williams is on bond and will appear before a judge in early 2025.

He faces ten years in prison.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I guess an excellent salary and a damned good retirement were not good enough for that fool (if actually guilty). I never have been able to fathom why anyone in law enforcement decides to steal from anyone. I guess I was blessed in that regard, the most I could have been charged with in that regard was maybe inadvertently winding up with a couple of government pens in my house after I retired and I am talking about 29 cent ballpoint pens. I always figured the first thing the government would prosecute and fire someone for was stealing from the government, it had a way of keeping me very honest on my travel vouchers, other job related expenses, with money paid to informants and relative to seizures of drugs and other contraband. I guess stealing from a suspect is not even a close second as to why the government may decide to fire & prosecute someone but it has to be fairly high on the list; if that is what this agent actually did, he deserves all he gets. Dirty bent law enforcement officers exasperate me greatly.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trigger73
    Top Bottom