• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Why would JUUL survive if everything else gets banned?

They will make sure any new regulation involved making it pretty much impossible for smaller competitors to stay in business. Things like requiring each flavor to undergo independent FDA approval instead of simply being allowed based on the use of FDA approved ingredients.

Philip Morris can afford to take the expensive hit while smaller companies will be shut down.

Regulation is the killer of small business. Major corporations will just absorb the cost and corner the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Last I heard, May 10 of next year is the cut off for manufacturers/sellers to have their nic juice and hardware approved by the FDA. That is an expensive process and will put lots of folks out of business. If I understand correctly, each flavor of juice and every different iteration of the hardware devices must have a separate approval.

I've started stocking up and hope to keep about a two year supply of juice and atomizers/cartomizers.

As far as the Juul brand goes, I believe they are the only brand that utilizes a disposable cartridge or pod for the nic juice. They are also very small and concealable which is what makes them so attractive to teens. Every manufacturer sells flavored juice and I think that will be the first thing to go.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I started vaping in early 2011. So, I've had lots of time to prepare. I'm stocked up for life already.

Before I even started, the FDA had been seizing shipments of vape products. They claimed it was medical/smoking cessation products and should be controlled by the FDA.

A judge made them stop, But, that left them open to being controlled as a tobacco product. One way or another, the FDA is determined to control vaping. And, the states that got large tobacco settlements are just as determined. They make a lot more money on cigarette sales than tobacco companies do.

However, my interest in firearms is much more recent. I didn't even take the need to be prepared very seriously since firearms are supposed to be protected by the second amendment. I never would have imagined the Constitution coming under such extreme attack.

I would feel better if I was already set up to reload. It would be great to not have to worry about the cost of ammunition. Although, I have to admit I'm a little nervous about the dangers. I'm not sure how good I would be about taking precautions.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Just made an order that should keep me in flavoring for quite a while. I figure one more purchase of nicotine should last about as long. Mixing only 3ml nic. per 100/120 ml bottle, I should be okay.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I started vaping in early 2011. So, I've had lots of time to prepare. I'm stocked up for life already.

However, my interest in firearms is much more recent. I didn't even take the need to be prepared very seriously since firearms are supposed to be protected by the second amendment. I never would have imagined the Constitution coming under such extreme attack.

I would feel better if I was already set up to reload. It would be great to not have to worry about the cost of ammunition. Although, I have to admit I'm a little nervous about the dangers. I'm not sure how good I would be about taking precautions.

If you are coming to the Reunion/Meet, and are serious about the reloading thing, I've got a couple manuals I'd be more than happy to pass on to you. They are both a couple years old and unused, I planned on getting into reloading but, the extra stress and wear on my arm is No bueno, but the basics for 9mm, .357, etc. should not have changed that much, if any.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Just made an order that should keep me in flavoring for quite a while. I figure one more purchase of nicotine should last about as long. Mixing only 3ml nic. per 100/120 ml bottle, I should be okay.
    I've hesitated to stock up too much on flavorings since I'm not sure how long they'll last. But, since the emphasis seems to be on flavorings first, I might just do that.

But, nic and hardware is stocked up for a good 20 years. Which should outlast ME.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Ain't sure how long they'll last either. Though I do have a few bottles that were used one or twice in three or so years and still taste fine. And a vape shop I go to occasionally still have some of the same flavors from five or six years ago and the seem to be okay. I don't use the flavors they carry, just asked once a while back when I was curious.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    If you are coming to the Reunion/Meet, and are serious about the reloading thing, I've got a couple manuals I'd be more than happy to pass on to you. They are both a couple years old and unused, I planned on getting into reloading but, the extra stress and wear on my arm is No bueno, but the basics for 9mm, .357, etc. should not have changed that much, if any.
    I'm not going to be able to make the Reunion. It falls smack in the middle of a two week period of me working overtime while my brother is on his honeymoon and of my daughter coming back to the US after being in Scotland for years. I'm not leaving San Antonio for nothing during that 2 weeks.

I might be able to make the next Reunion though. I won't be able to possibly start amassing equipment until sometime next Spring.

I'm still a little nervous about it. I've heard it can be dangerous if you're not careful enough and make mistakes.

WAYnorthTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    Way Up North
    I will go along with that when you sign a piece of paper saying you will pay for all of your smoking/vaping related illnesses out of your pocket and not expect the government to pay for it.
    I don't care how you mistreat your body as long as I don't have to pay for it.
    And you sign a paper saying that you will not do anything that could be considered unsafe by anyone especially the do-gooder nanny-state cradle-to-grave ninnies including but not limited to crossing the street, eating red meat, or driving a car. Have a nice day ! ;-]

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Meanwhile, how many thousand died as a direct result of cigarette smoking? Follow the money.

Cigarettes, years ago, were clearly recognized as a drug delivery system for an intensely addictive chemical.
    Government funded and socially accepted.

And why are surprised that vaping is no less addictive or dangerous?

People are maimed and dying and it's finally getting into the mainstream media.

Juul owned in part by Altria AKA Phillip Morris.

What a shocking revelation it all is?

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    whats killing people is the crap in the CBD oil these idiots are trying to vape.

you watch.. these dimocraps will outlaw all vaping

CBD is utterly unregulated.
    Cannabis Sativa extract.
    Complex chemicals that are readily available with no controls, no safety studies.
    Certainly no efficacy data.
    It is, at best, a foolish benign placebo.
    It is, at worst, a glaring public health menace.
    Perhaps there is some, to be determined, health benefit.
    Actually....we do not know.

How is our supposedly advanced society allowing that to occur?

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    It's unfortunate that vaping nicotine and vaping other drugs and stuff is being lumped in together. It's like banning drinking all liquids including water when it's drinking alcohol or whatever that is the real issue.

Drinking/vaping is the method, irrelevant of what's being drunk/vaped.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    CBD is utterly unregulated.
    Cannabis Sativa extract.
    Complex chemicals that are readily available with no controls, no safety studies.
    Certainly no efficacy data.
    It is, at best, a foolish benign placebo.
    It is, at worst, a glaring public health menace.
    Perhaps there is some, to be determined, health benefit.
    Actually....we do not know.

How is our supposedly advanced society allowing that to occur?

Cannabis Sativa Extract?
    Please elaborate, I’d love to hear where this goes but this 3 word comment alone makes no sense to me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BernierF350
    Top Bottom