• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Just so everyone is crystal clear.
    Our Family Reunion is for ALL members. Even the ones we argue with. All we ask, please leave forum animosities at home and have fun. We can go back to hating each other when it is over.
    And as long as they are supervised, families as well. It is not uncommon for at least one of my 3 adult boys to show up and have a chance to share shooting with me. My wife used to go and just relax and watch and socialize a little. We love to help kids as a rule. We'll share with them too. Just let us know how many you expect to be coming with you. If you have a surprise addition at the last moment, that generally isn't a problem.
    This is not just a shooting event, but also a social event. It's not just fun to meet and shoot with folks that share our hobby, but the weirdos that put up with us as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Family Reunion to be held at Texas Star Range in Kempner Texas on 04/09/22.
    I talked to the range manager today and we are scheduled for April 9th for our Spring Family Reunion.
    They will be short RSOs on the 16th, so that day was not available.
    Also, we will not have access to the classroom for lunch. There are other places we can plug in any crock pots to warm food for lunch.
    Please use this thread to post if you can make it. I will try to keep up.I hope to see a good turn out.
    For everyone that has never been to one, this is a great opportunity to meet other members and put faces and personalities with posts. And make some great friends. Especially for the new folks that have never been to any meet ups.
    I will also start a lunch thread.

Hope to see a bunch of you there. I will be there regardless.
    Range fees are going to be $11 per person with our discount.

What time will this event begin? When is it usually over? I am trying to rearrange my schedule to attend.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    What time will this event begin? When is it usually over? I am trying to rearrange my schedule to attend.
    I believe the range goes Hot at 09:00, and Cold at dusk, or so. Some show up an hour or two early and stay all day. Some, like myself, show up a bit early, and leave an hour or three after lunch. All depends on you.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    They open at 9am IORC. But we usually start showing up at 8am or earlier. I should be there between 8:30 and 9am.
    Official closing time is 6pm.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Just so everyone is crystal clear.
    Our Family Reunion is for ALL members. Even the ones we argue with. All we ask, please leave forum animosities at home and have fun. We can go back to hating each other when it is over.
    And as long as they are supervised, families as well. It is not uncommon for at least one of my 3 adult boys to show up and have a chance to share shooting with me. My wife used to go and just relax and watch and socialize a little. We love to help kids as a rule. We'll share with them too. Just let us know how many you expect to be coming with you. If you have a surprise addition at the last moment, that generally isn't a problem.
    This is not just a shooting event, but also a social event. It's not just fun to meet and shoot with folks that share our hobby, but the weirdos that put up with us as well.

Well he'll come. On man you mean I can't bring my animosity and hubris and my attitude.
    Shit I might not make it

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Update on those that have indicated status. It won't let me edit the original post.

Going
    Me- jrbfishn + at least one
    Popsgarland
    Kyletxria1911a1
    Big Green.

Maybes
    grumper
    BMF500
    Byrd66

If I have someone wrong please let me know.

We are 6 days out. Folks, this is really a lot more fun when there are more folks attending. A great chance to get to know people a lot better than online, try some new guns and just have fun at the range. I have been to all but one since I joined and have enjoyed every one of them. And have enjoyed everyone but one that I have met. Most, were not what I expected. They were better than I expected. When the older members talk about the TGT Family, this is where you get to see it in action.
    Take a chance, come out and have some fun and meet us. We ain't so bad.
    This may not be a world class venue, but it ain't a bad range by any stretch. And better people.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Weather is supposed to be really nice, up in the 80s and clear.
    A lot of folks here have complained at one time or another about not enough meet ups. Now is your chance.
    5 days left.

All new members are also welcome.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Updated.

Going
    Me- jrbfishn + at least one
    Popsgarland
    Blueangel64
    Big Green.
    Robert1024
    Grumper

Maybes
    BMF500
    Byrd66

For some reason, It won't let me edit my posts.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm coming. I'm not however, going to pack my truck full of everything I've got - just a few interesting things. Black Powder anyone? I happen to have an ex-Moonpie dueling pistol that shoots after you set the set trigger and sneeze on it - it's mildly entertaining. Need to shoot some rounds out of a Howa Grendel. Might have some awesome rounds left for a bolt .223. The Canik TP9SFx w/ a red dot is coming. S&W 19 & various revolvers.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Excellent. I'll try the Howa if you bring it.
    So far, we have the start of a great group of folks.
    There is still time to join the fun.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Two more days to reunion day.
    Really?
    Everyone is going to pass up a chance to meet and shoot?

Top Bottom