• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Late to the party but it turns out that I drank a beer with you guys a couple of hours ago & I didn't realize it at the time.

eta: Bill Booth's play list looks kind of like mine - maybe a little newer than some of mine. Etta James - "I'd rather Go Blind" (quite danceable) is on now.

He plays a lot of different types of music.
    The last hour

Eric Clapton
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    ZZ Top
    10cc
    Allman Brothers
    Marshall Tucker band
    Whitesnake
    Def Leppard
    Lynard Skynard

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    When you don't drink like you use to, three beers can give you a pretty good buzz!

Bill Booth just signed off. He use to do his radio show from 6 to midnight. Now it's 7 to 11.

99.1 is a country station, so now they switched back.

George Strait
    Brooks and Dunn
    So far!

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Have the beer drinking going but not being serious about it, maybe 5-6. Mrs Whistler went to bed, she's doing something early in the morning. Don't remember what she said only that I wasn't involved. Field stripping pistols to see if any need cleaning or oiling (even though I know they don't) and playing with a night vision scope down the dark hallway. "Classic" country channel on the TV. Party going on... yup.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Have the beer drinking going but not being serious about it, maybe 5-6. Mrs Whistler went to bed, she's doing something early in the morning. Don't remember what she said only that I wasn't involved. Field stripping pistols to see if any need cleaning or oiling (even though I know they don't) and playing with a night vision scope down the dark hallway. "Classic" country channel on the TV. Party going on... yup.

Mr. Whistler, I love all types of music!
    I'm probably one of the biggest George Strait and Elvis fans you'll meet!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Yeah that was Dwight Yoakum and Buck Owens together on the song

I dedicated the DY song, Ain't That Lonely Yet to my first ex wife!
    She called me after we had been divorced for over two years, was lonely. I had moved to Houston for work, was having a great time being single again. No shortage of women to date in Houston.
    That song was still pretty new on the radio at the time, and how fitting it happened to play when she called me!
    Nope, we didn't get together. She called me one more time, not long after I married my second wife. That was 1994. That's the last time we spoke.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I'm a little late to the party. Haven't had a drink in about 8 years. Used to hit it pretty hard too. Worked for a beer distributor so drinking beer was almost a pre-requisite. On second cup of coffee and just finished watching a documentary on Motley Crue. Need to clean out the media room and get my old stack sterio system hooked up so I can crank some music! I like to listen to mostly country, 80's and 90's rock and all sorts of others...just not rap!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I'm a little late to the party. Haven't had a drink in about 8 years. Used to hit it pretty hard too. Worked for a beer distributor so drinking beer was almost a pre-requisite. On second cup of coffee and just finished watching a documentary on Motley Crue. Need to clean out the media room and get my old stack sterio system hooked up so I can crank some music! I like to listen to mostly country, 80's and 90's rock and all sorts of others...just not rap!

I use to drink pretty good years ago. Plenty of beer reps got paid really well off me!

The wife and I slacked way off about thirteen years ago. I still enjoy beer, but now it's more about quality than quantity!

There's some good music from the 80's and 90's.

I don't care for rap or hip hop.

Reactions: JCC

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    One of my good buddies back in CA did the marketing for the Budweiser distributor. Every summer they sponsored "Concert in the Park" at the local park. It was all country music performers. I would get to go backstage and eat/drink with all of them which was cool. When I was dating my wife, I would take her and her son to them and they always had a great time. Funniest time was when Bucky Covington hit the circuit. The kid was just bouncing around, came up and was "HI, I'm Bucky Covington" I looked at him with a who gives a $hit looks on my face.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Think I'm done with the coffee, so I'll finish up my Pepsi, a glass of water and hit the rack soon. My little one (7) is still up. Got to get him to sleep, then gather up some supplies. Thinking of scouting for turkeys in the morning if it's not storming too bad.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Well, Susie has fell asleep, I'm about wore down.
    So I think I will shut it down for the night, crawl into bed, and fall asleep watching music videos on YouTube.
    Night everyone. It was fun hanging out with you guys!

Top Bottom