• ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    putting in the work.jpg

This is the course required to obtain your Texas LTC. The class is state mandated 4-6 hours in length (class time does not include live fire proficiency or your written test). Unless otherwise stated, all LTC classes are taught at the Orange Gun Club/729 Liston Rd Orange TX 77630 and the start time is 8 A.M.

Required Equipment:
    Modern revolver or semi-auto pistol chambered for .32 ACP or larger, two magazines or speed loaders, 50 rounds of new factory ammunition (no hollow points or reloads). Eye protection and ear protection are mandatory. Suggested items include note taking material, water, and snacks.
    - See more at: http://www.paynedefenseacademy.com/classes-offered.html#sthash.ow3SEDtc.dpuf

There are 7 spots available for this class.
    Lynx Defense

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I hope that makes sense. You're the 2nd person to ask, but the first to ask publicly. We advise against the use of HP ammo in SI classes as well. The reasoning can be somewhat disturbing to some; but I do run a very safe controlled class.
    Fair enough.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I hope that makes sense. You're the 2nd person to ask, but the first to ask publicly. We advise against the use of HP ammo in SI classes as well. The reasoning can be somewhat disturbing to some; but I do run a very safe controlled class.

Sound reasoning. When I do a one on one class with someone I have been working with, I actually encourage the use of their duty/PD ammo for at least part of the session. I don't require it though. I have never had it come up in a CHL/ Level III security class. I do believe I will be taking your logic though should the question ever come up.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    When I'm conducting qualifications for the Sheriff's Office TCOLE requires at least 5 rounds of duty ammo.
    Sound reasoning. When I do a one on one class with someone I have been working with, I actually encourage the use of their duty/PD ammo for at least part of the session. I don't require it though. I have never had it come up in a CHL/ Level III security class. I do believe I will be taking your logic though should the question ever come up.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I was first and had the niceness to ask privately. Damn, Hoji, where's your couth, son? :) Lost it on the oil rig?

Glad to see the classes filling, Jon!

Top Bottom