• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    What does a top notch attorney charge? $400.00/hour? More?

How many hours will they bill you if you are no billed? How many hours will be billed if you are indicted and go to trial?

I don't sell insurance or recommend one over another.....

Just something to think about.....

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I'm still on the fence of whether or not I need this "insurance" so I'll keep it for now.

I came to the same conclusion myself late this afternoon and "re-upped" for another year. [But I'm using the forum sponsor "Patriot Legal Protection LLC"]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Or like I stated contact a well known Attorney ahead of time whom specializes in this kind of work, get all needed contacts, put in wallet and save the 17$ a month. Which "Is" what the OP was questioning....

Until you shoot the a$$hole in your house. Then your $17 a month is nothing. Attorneys don't take cases on payment plans. Will your attorney whose business card you have answer the phone at zero dark thirty?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This is the right answer.

TLS is for those, IMHO, who do not know an attorney. Having TLS still does not negate the rule :"Shut up. Wait to talk to AN attorney."

If you need an attorney, call one that you know. If HE can't help, he can at least get you to someone who can.

TRG

I know lots of attorneys. I have done work for criminal defense attorneys. I have a cell phone full of attorney phone numbers. None of them will defend me for FREE. None of them will take my seventeen bucks a month NOW and defend me free of charge later.

it is not about whom to call, it is about money. it could easily cost 10 to 20 grand just to the grand jury.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Until you shoot the a$$hole in your house. Then your $17 a month is nothing. Attorneys don't take cases on payment plans. Will your attorney whose business card you have answer the phone at zero dark thirty?
    Good Lord you'd argue with a stick. LOL And I don't know about you, but Iam pretty thorough and would see to it whom ever I made arrangements with to defend me, would in fact be there to answer the phone at Zero Dark thirty. lol And for the record, I never stated I did not like the TLS system, I was just giving the OP food for thought as he asked for. Please don't go to sleep mad there little Buddy. :roflfunny:

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    Signed up with TLS a few day of first reading this thread. I know I can afford what their monthly/yearly fee is, I also know I can't afford a lawyer if I ever have need of one when/if I ever have to use a gun to defend wife/self.

Years ago I found myself dealing with a lawyer here in Texas and one in Virginia where the case was and an expert witness that I had to pay for to travel to Virginia and her expenses. Bottom line, after all the dust settled I was out close to $60,000 and still lost the case.

Peace of mind knowing I have something that will help if the time comes for less that I spend on 10-2-4 each month makes it an easy decision. Should have thought about it long before now.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Signed up with TLS a few day of first reading this thread. I know I can afford what their monthly/yearly fee is, I also know I can't afford a lawyer if I ever have need of one when/if I ever have to use a gun to defend wife/self.

Years ago I found myself dealing with a lawyer here in Texas and one in Virginia where the case was and an expert witness that I had to pay for to travel to Virginia and her expenses. Bottom line, after all the dust settled I was out close to $60,000 and still lost the case.

Peace of mind knowing I have something that will help if the time comes for less that I spend on 10-2-4 each month makes it an easy decision. Should have thought about it long before now.

I like it, never heard that one before....

TheRedGoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    canton
    I know lots of attorneys. I have done work for criminal defense attorneys. I have a cell phone full of attorney phone numbers. None of them will defend me for FREE. None of them will take my seventeen bucks a month NOW and defend me free of charge later.

it is not about whom to call, it is about money. it could easily cost 10 to 20 grand just to the grand jury.

Texas Law Shield is not 'free' either. The agreement (that I was shown in my CHL class) only indicated that it covered the attorney's 'fees'. It did not appear to cover their 'expenses' such as travel costs, hotels, food, per diem items, witnesses, deposition costs, etc.

It appeared, to me, that you would likely end up with a TLS attorney that was 'there' but anything other than just sitting there listening would be 'mo money'.

I googled the TLS and I really did not like what I read about them. There are some god stories out there, but, most seemed to indicate that it was more about feeling protected (legally) than actually being represented fully.

Just my opinion, but, when I asked for more details in the CHL class, the rep got dodgy and seemed to have no answer for the 'other expenses' that were NOT covered.

It seemed to cover only the hourly rate of service, and anything outside of that, from copying a piece of paper to the meals and gas used to get to your location ... you owe for them to boot.

TRG

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Top Bottom