• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    My agent asked about guns and I replied "Why"? He told me that unless I had a safe that his company would only cover $2500. With the safe I am covered for actual value.
    yet one more reason to have a safe. (As if there weren't already enough)

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Funny - years back, we were getting ready to go on vacation. Called my agent, asked if owning a safe would reduce my insurance costs (thinking was to get one before we left just to play it safe). He said "no" - I told him to stop by and pick up a copy of my inventory in case we were broken into while we were gone......<G>
    I ended up droppin' them off over at a friends' gun shop while we were gone, but I was amazed that there was no consideration for owning a safe! This was back in the early 90's.

brian964

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    ny
    In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare rates online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/home-insurance-calculator

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare rates online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/SNIP

How many more times ya gonna spam us with that, Jethro? flip.jpg

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    State Farm only asked for the values on my Home Owners insurance. I think there was a $5K max, if I remember right.

It's a low ceiling for collectors and enthusiasts, but for most average hunters and gun owners it's probably fine. If you have over $5K you should be looking into additional insurance for your collection.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    State Farm only asked for the values on my Home Owners insurance. I think there was a $5K max, if I remember right.

It's a low ceiling for collectors and enthusiasts, but for most average hunters and gun owners it's probably fine. If you have over $5K you should be looking into additional insurance for your collection.

<snicker> $5k????

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I have Farmers insurance. We have a dedicated amount of coverage of the firearms that is just added to the homeowner's coverage. They never ask me if I had anything, but we did add the coverage to the policy.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I would HIGHLY suggest YOU ask about them to determine the limits (if any) of coverage they offer - most DO have "caps" on the value of guns that they'll cover.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I would HIGHLY suggest YOU ask about them to determine the limits (if any) of coverage they offer - most DO have "caps" on the value of guns that they'll cover.

Yep.....guns, cameras, jewelry, etc. very likely have (low) caps on what they will payout without a seperate rider.

YMMV

Top Bottom