• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Last year when we got here, Rog was weird about going back in the timber. After awhile he chilled out, and would run around the whole place. Now all of a sudden he's back to being weird, and balking at going into the trees.
    I haven't seen any hog sign yet this year. Can anyone think of anything else that he may be smelling and scared of?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    We live across the road from a WMA on Sthillhouse Lake. Back when I could I would walk Bait at night along the boundery. She loved her walks and even knew what time we were supposed go. And she would let me know. If I was late too.
    Some nights you could see her nose come up and sniff, and she would go no further. Even if you tried to drag her. Turn and head straight home. Sometimes she would even growl. Only time I have ever heard her growl at anything. There are occasional hogs, coyotes and even at least a couple cougars in the area. Foxes, and other critters, don't bother her.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    We always go about 8am. It's 60 acres in the boonies, surrounded by a 5 strand barbwire fence.
    The trails are wide enough for a side by side, and clear.
    He acted this way when we got here just about this same time last year. So I started carrying him to the back and making him run back. After awhile he just started running the whole way. He stops to pee, and sniff, but no balking.
    A few mornings ago he ran half way, then disappeared. Turns out he was headed back to the house asap.
    All but one morning this week he has run to the edge of the woods and stopped, won't come without A LOT of coaxing, but then only for another couple hundred yards. Then it's stop and argue again..
    Something must have moved into the area recently. Maybe I'll walk or onewheel around and see if I can catch some unusual tracks..

Top Bottom