• Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    bella2-jpg.475291

Another day protecting the furniture begins.
    Bella2.jpg

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Roger came to us on a COLD day. We lived at least a mile from anyone or anything. It has been icing badly, and it was fit for not man or beast. My front porch motion sensor kept tripping. And I had looked out the window several times when I finally went out took. There was Rog, shivering. We had two black and tan mutts of nearly 100lbs each, and were afraid they'd fight.. so we kept Rog in the garage and started to search for the owner. By Monday morning when no leads had popped up we put him in a cardboard box and pushed it under the desk so he could at least get started acclimating to the other dogs while we were at work. When we got home all 3 were sitting on the couch happy as clams.. They got along pretty well after that. Though Rog always seemed to rule the roost. He outlived those two, and is now our only dog. I'd never had a small dog, and didnt think I'd like it. But he's pretty cool. It was definitely nice to have a small dog on our meandering trip down here. And it's pretty handy living in the RV. He has been loving TX. In IL I used to have to use the loader tractor to push a big runway for him out of the snow.. All in all he's been a great dog. Stubborn, but mostly obedient. Very lovable, and quite a snuggler. But vicious when needed. We have been considering a second..
    Watching Ralph's pack of Rat Terrier's was always entertaining. They defiantly lived up to the terrier name. Walking around in the warmer weather finding mole jerky spewed around always cracked me up.

Hogs in the transport trailer or the holding pig pen they drove the hogs nuts. I remember one night that I stayed I woke up to a ruckus as a coon figured the dog food was free for the taking. I half thought about getting out of bed but before I could I hear the door on Ralph's side slam shut followed by a pistol shot. For an old blind guy he had no trouble shooting a treed coon.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I'm not old, but I'm not exactly young. Never was much of a runner. To keep him exercised, and to help myself get out and moving, the Onewheels have been the best darn thing we ever bought. Morning runs we usually use the buggy since the trails are all still gully'd up from the hurricane rain, and theres too much grass to blade them smooth. But in the evening when it cools off we use them to run him around the yard a few laps. And when we go to Houston we run him around the block with them as well. Not to mention they're just plain fun...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So my boy Renfield has turned into an attention whore. When he wants me to pay attention to him he gets his nose and works it between my arm and body. In the way that he does it, it actually tickles and makes me laugh. The more I laugh the more he does it, as if he likes tickling me.

He sure has changed for the better. Another thing he loves is going out front to get the mail. I spend lots of time in the trophy room, and he is generally not far away. He knows the sound of the mail. When he hears it he gets up and looks out the window to confirm it the mail truck. When I ask him if he wants to go check the mail he heads straight to the front door. You can tell he is getting excited, and once outside he makes his rounds to mark his territory. He actually listens pretty good while out front and comes when I call him.

Top Bottom