Almost the size of the greyhound.
    IMG_0458.jpg

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Just about lost my best buddy. About a week before Christmas she shredded a another toy. This time she ingested it and ended up with a blocked stomach and small intestine.

Gal ended up in surgery to remove the blockage. Recovery did not go well. 5 days after the surgery, she was not making a turn. I expected there was a very good chance she wasn't going to make it.

Fortunately, we have a good vet. She encouraged us to give another day or so. Glad she did. Buddy finally started to turn the corner.

It's been a long road for her, but she's finally getting back to her old self.

I count her still being around as one of the best Christmas gifts from this past year.

I've been around dogs my whole life, but this one is something else.

1705986343282.jpeg

Back to a little nap after a good day in the woods.

Gal beats her way through a shit show and lives to run in the woods again...without hesitation or fear.

(I'm sure she would love to shred a toy, but those days are done. Back to livestock bones...the good stuff)

Classifying these as good times!

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Ah yes, I made a round trip to Talpa. Once a day, 5 days a week, 9 months a year for 6 years when I was much younger. ETA: Talpa was once considered by many to be an eastern suburb of Benoit, TX.; home of the infamous Benoit Booger Bears.

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    OK, I'm one of the dumberer peeps here so help me out.

Why did this post make you ask about Talpa? I see no reference to a location in it. :confused:
    Sorry. On my screen, at the bottom of post #2165 (text under the pic of the dog) is a reference to Talpa.
    It reads: "Don't look at me. I've been to Talpa, Texas. Twice. WTH is Lueders? :laughing: I'll go sit in the corner now.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sorry. On my screen, at the bottom of post #2165 (text under the pic of the dog) is a reference to Talpa.
    It reads: "Don't look at me. I've been to Talpa, Texas. Twice. WTH is Lueders? :laughing: I'll go sit in the corner now.
    In Texas, we got 2 main types of limestone blocks for building.
    Austin limestone and Lueders limestone.

Out in the big country, it's all from Lueders.

Just wait till Moonpie gets to Sylvester the second time.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Ah, okay, I switched to "desktop mode" and was able to see it.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Weird, I didn't see the "Talpa" text earier on my computer and don't see it now on the phone, even in desktop mode.

Top Bottom