Venture Surplus ad

Texas Gun Owners Preferred List (Shameless Plug Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    Real name is John.

I am a Labor Law Investigator for the State and I live south of Austin.
    I was a competitive revolver shooter in the 1990's.
    I also abandoned Northern IL for TX.
    I operated a Martial Arts school.
    I retired from Federal Service after I almost got dead on duty and needed 12 operations to walk normally (mostly) again. Running and wrench turning are non-starters these days.
    I am an excellent trainer/teacher. I had delusions of opening a shooting school. I can teach very new through experienced shooters, especially kids and women.
    I taught at the big school in Pahrump and it's a great place to learn and teach.

I need help with an engine. The mechanic said the # 3 cylinder is dead on my 96 E150 with the straight six. My youngest just hit driving age and he might get it as it is huge and safe. BUT it gets 10-15 mpg, 17 on a good day, and has a 33 gallon tank.

I can offer professional level training for noobs, family members, b/f, g/f, and anyone with a desire to learn. It can be casual or structured sessions.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Location is up there by my name;)
    Professionally I'm a network engineer. Broadband technologies, router configurations, VPN, that sort of stuff. I can help with general PC issues as well, but I loath doing so. Just burnt out on it... I would require copious amounts of beer and food in compensation to fix your computer
    I've been an amateur mechanic since I was about 10. I have extensive knowledge on classic Fiats and Lancias. I can work on pretty much anything, including a wankel.
    I'm an all around handyman and can fix damn near anything. I'm working on being able to make damn near anything, too. Hopefully I'll have my backyard machine shop up and running this fall.

I need help with an engine. The mechanic said the # 3 cylinder is dead on my 96 E150 with the straight six.
    Did he elaborate on that at all? Just saying "it's dead, Jim" is not a proper diagnosis.

Top Bottom