ARJ Defense ad

Texas Gun Owners Preferred List (Shameless Plug Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Haven't done one of these, but I snagged the idea from ARFCOM.

Basically this thread is for people to post what they do for a living, and/or any skills or abilities they have and would be willing to help other fellow gun owners in Texas. Think of it as a broader "Pay it Forward" list.

Put up your location, what you do and/or what you can help people with. If you need help with something, post up what you need help with.

Can Help With: Websites, AR Lower Builds, Reloading.
    Need Help With: Need a Good Price on a Nikon D7000.
    Guns International

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Werd, and what it us up with this thread failing!? No one wants to help anyone these days?
    I'll help anyone but I'm so stupid I'm only good for manual labor and now I'm old so that doesn't work for shit anymore. Don't know anything 'bout cameras. Oh well..........wait..........I know a real good beer........Duvel (best beer I ever drank!).

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I just found it also, and I will play.

I am a carpenter by trade.
    I can weld, turn a wrench, and like to think that I can fix anything. I love to problem solve.
    I have a big truck and two trailers, a 20' pull behind flatbed and a 25' gooseneck flatbed.
    I also have a medium sized farm tractor with attachments and front end loader.
    I keep a respectable supply of lumber and steel at my place.
    I reload, and have a small range set up on my property.
    If any of this may be of service to anyone, let me know.

I don't need anything at this point, but that may change. I could always use more guns though.

I live in Lampasas, but travel for work so I may not be available at all times.

tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    In San Antonio and I am an all around handyman, at least as far as home repair type stuff goes. Dont do electrical, but otherwise give me a yell and I will help if I can.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I am "Roger" by birth but called "Flash" by friends and neighbors. I was raised in Chicago and have lived on the east side of Houston for almost 20 years.

Retired technician and teacher of hydraulics, pneumatics. mechanics, instrumentation, controls, automotive and small engine repair, electrical and precision machining.

Taught design drafting and AutoCad for 10 years.

Like to make wooden routed signs and have tons of woodworking equipment.

Bicycles are my passion and I have all the necessary tools and equipment to work on them.

ASE certified in Automotive Brakes.

Master SCUBA Diver and Divemaster

Former pistol competitor and current high power rifle competitor ("F" class, match rifle and service rifle) at 200-600 yards.

Reloader of rifle, pistol and used to load for shotgun rounds.

I love sewing machines, buy used ones and work on them for fun.

My next venture will be to add engine kits to bicycles.

That's the scoop!

Flash

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I 'am Dennis moved here from Northern Ill. almost 20 years ago.
    Used to drive the big rigs till I messed up my Knee and changed to
    Repairing office equipment , dont laugh now , typewriters , shredders ,panasonic fax
    machines and printers, all IBM typewriters, and printers. now most all of it is obsolete.
    As a hobbie I make metal arbors and trellis's,Have a couple of welders and metal bending
    equipment.
    Have also turned a few wrenches in my time.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I do water treatment and purification by trade....35 years of it.

Also tinker - everything from welding/brazing, rough carpentry, electrical (Dad was w/RCA for years, and taught me a lot). Have built more'n a coupla barns/sheds, and my own 16 x 20 workshop, includin' the electrical. Can weld up to 3/4" steel w/a 250 amp mig, have a purty decent-sized plasma cutter (up to 3/4"). I've designed & built BBQ pits, an' just about whatever caught my fancy.

I can NOT do masonry or concrete - not if you want it to look decent!<G>

Also reload handgun calibers. Have built a coupla AR's, and love old guns.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Define "purifier" - something for the entire house, or at the kitchen sink? And what are ya tryin' to accomplish with it? Bear in mind that LOTS of stuff out there is designed for nothing more than separating you from your money...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Can Help With: Computer Viruses, AR Lower\upper Builds, Saiga Conversions, self taught disk and rotor break installer and a few alternators in my day, .22lr Ruger MK assembly, CZ83 disassembly troubleshooting and assembly, Internet searching wiz, computer security by profession, lock picking by hobby (still not as good as I'd like). Raising rabbits and quail don't ask me about breeding though :-).

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Get the one from Sam's - do NOT buy the crap that they have at Home Depot or Lowe's. Much of it is "proprietary", which means they'll SOAK you on replacement cartridges....

But - why an RO? Ah....yer in Lubbock....that explains a lot - ya'll have some pretty nasty water out that ways!

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    I'm Eric, live outside of Sherman. I have a huge new shop on my property with a overhang for a boat & camper storage. Im about 15 minutes from Lake Texoma, if your feel like saving some gas money instead of towing it. Right off US 75. Nice safe neighborhood. I can tell you where the stripers are hiding too. May trade year round storage for the right gun or I need my Glock refinished.

182041_10150100360766443_609836442_6847177_3483057_n.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angee
    Top Bottom