• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Damn those look good! Please-tell us how you got it so clean. I'm wondering if this is something I could do with spray paint. Did you just tape over them and cut out the areas with an exacto knife, or what?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The description says they are only selling excess stock leftover from the 2014 NRA show. So I'm wondering if they didn't just have to get caught up on orders and make sure they weren't selling more than they had. I'm placing my order in the morning! If the gf orders-I'm only getting one. If I get paid in the morning and I can order...maybe I'll get a couple extra on top of that one. :evil:

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Damn those look good! Please-tell us how you got it so clean. I'm wondering if this is something I could do with spray paint. Did you just tape over them and cut out the areas with an exacto knife, or what?

It's not too difficult with the cerakote. Spray the fde, bake for 20 minutes, tape off the areas, spray the black, remove the tape and run an acetone soaked paper towel over the sprayed area to remove the excess black leaving the engraved areas black. I think you could do it with spray paint just need to make sure that base coat is nice and cured prior to the second coat so it holds up when cleaning off the excess overspray.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Big thanks to jcrntx for the private notification of more Texas PMags for sale! Thank you sir, I owe you one.

jcrntx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    FYI.. Palmetto State Armory has 25% off pmags. Can get the basic 30rd mags for 9.71 and the 40rd mags for 14.21 each. I ordered 6 of the 40rd mags and they were only 15.22 each including shipping.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Thanks D! Not quite as nice as Glockster's but they'll do....;)
    I'm a delicate flower and that's just hurtful. I'm gonna start telling people that ask who does coating work, anyone BUT jcr.

I didn't understand your explanation of your work. There's no way you taped off the lettering, bullet outline, etc., is there? Surely there was some detailed brush work involved. Regardless, they do look damn good.

Kaos

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Plano
    I wished College Station was closer, I def have you hook my lower up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michaelm18
    Top Bottom