• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrBlue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    What is the current wait for a new, first-time applicant? For reference, my NYS permit to possess a handgun at home, and to carry one in the field while engaging in hunting took about 8 months.
    ARJ Defense ad

Tarosean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Has anyone renewed recently? Both the wife and myself renewed on 6/17. Nothing so far, just seems a lot longer than years past renewals.

Did my DL the same day and received that within a couple days.

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Renewed online on 7/11. Got the License in the mail today 7/25. I like the new look of the card which makes it more distinguishable from the driver's license:

1658797326525.png

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    New applicant
    I applied online and made payment for my LTC on June 26th. I received a receipt that day. My credit card was billed that week as well. I have not received my license, yet.

I tried the links provided here, logged in and the site asks if you want to be an instructor and I cannot get past that page it just keeps returning to the page.
    Attached is my receipt.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If your application has already been mailed then the ability to check on it goes away.

You should still see

instructor
    or
    update / renew

on the first page

also make sure you log in as a returning customer

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    2/16 - All docs and prints submitted.

3/5 - All green except print pending.

Today - Print still pending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ttrip

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2022
    Fort Bend
    I submitted documents on Friday (yesterday) and I can login as returning customer but the only option on that page is to apply for instructor license. I assumed there would be actual tracking status on that page...

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I just got my renewal letter in the mail today. It’s the first renewal I’ve had to do. Logged in answered a few questions, verified contact info, paid and that was it. DPS will use prints and pic they have in file and will contact me if they need any further documentation. I hope it’s as easy as that…

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I just got my renewal letter in the mail today. It’s the first renewal I’ve had to do. Logged in answered a few questions, verified contact info, paid and that was it. DPS will use prints and pic they have in file and will contact me if they need any further documentation. I hope it’s as easy as that…
    Pretty much, or at least it was for me.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Whelp, my renewed LTC came in the mail today. So, 16 days from the time I did my online payment to the day it appeared in my mailbox. Not bad. My previous LTC looked just like my drivers license, but the new one looks nothing like my DL. The pic is black&white and the background is totally different. Pastels abound. The whole thing looks washed out to me unless light gray, light blue, pink and sage are your colors …. Gone are the bold reds and blues of the last iteration. Anyhow, I’m good now for another 5 years.

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Whelp, my renewed LTC came in the mail today. So, 16 days from the time I did my online payment to the day it appeared in my mailbox. Not bad. My previous LTC looked just like my drivers license, but the new one looks nothing like my DL. The pic is black&white and the background is totally different. Pastels abound. The whole thing looks washed out to me unless light gray, light blue, pink and sage are your colors …. Gone are the bold reds and blues of the last iteration. Anyhow, I’m good now for another 5 years.
    I thought the same thing about the LTC and DL looks. Then a few months after a renewed my LTC, I renewed my DL. My new DL looks like my new LTC, both pretty subdued.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I thought the same thing about the LTC and DL looks. Then a few months after a renewed my LTC, I renewed my DL. My new DL looks like my new LTC, both pretty subdued.
    My wife got her new dl before me, I thought something was wrong with the printer. Her picture looked weird, then I got my new LTC, talk about a weird picture. Ugh.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Submitted my LTC renewal on 17 Apr. So far, crickets. I went the veteran route, but didn't resubmit my 214. The site said not to submit documents you have already submitted. I can't believe I'm going on my 2nd renewal. The past ten years just flew by.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom