• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LittleGun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    I spent a few months working in Anchorage, Alaska. Since Alaska is a gun-friendly state, I took my Sig P229 with me.
    I had no problems bringing the gun on airplane flights to and from Alaska, but I noticed that the gun-check procedure at Continental Airlines has changed. In times past, the TSA agent either opened my gun case or asked me to open it. Now the gun case stays locked and the TSA agent uses a cotton pad to swab the inside edges of my suitcase. Then he puts the cotton swab into a machine for testing.
    My first stay in Alaska was when winter was ending. There was plenty of snow. Cold temperatures allowed easy concealment under a heavy coat. I found an outdoor gun range not far from my hotel. The range is named Rabbit Creek. It is operated by the Fish & Game Department. Range and Safety Officers are all volunteers. The range has a peculiar rule that no more than 10 rounds can be loaded into a magazine. Rifle magazines are included. I visited Rabbit Creek several times. It was the first time I practiced shooting in snowy weather.
    I found a second range in called Matanuska Valley Sportsmen's Range. This range was about an hour’s drive away, so I went to it only one time. Unfortunately it was hosting a muzzle loader competition that day, so I could not shoot.
    Winter began turning to spring. Alaska’s spring weather is cold by Houston standards. I wore a jacket every day and concealment was easy. Some of the Alaska folks bragged that Alaska is bigger than Texas. I agreed with that fact but responded that Texas has more guns. It is nice to be back.
    Lynx Defense

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    Well I was going to post a picture of a shirt that was in a shop in Ketchikan, but stupid photobucket is being, well, stupid.

I went late May early June and the weather was wonderful, I have actually thought about moving there later in life and just enjoying life.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom