• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2014
    It looks like I'll be moving from Michigan to the Temple Area this fall and am wondering your opinions on the Temple Gun Club. It doesn't look like there has been much discussion on here. I'm just looking for a place to go hang out and work on my accuracy with my wife. Right now, I only have a few semi auto handguns, but will probably end up with an AR at some point.

thanks in advance.
    ARJ Defense ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Howdy.
    I feel sure someone here has been and will chime in soon.
    I'm about 4 hours from there, so, no help from me.

gater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2014
    I'll be taking a trip down there next month to look into apartments, I may just have to swing by and give a report!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I live in Harker Heights. Never been yhere but know some that have and have heard no bad feedback. So far everyone I have talked too likes it. Would not mind going sometime though. I do know some places to shoot in this area, give me a holler when ya get here if you want.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

cpileri

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    near Fort Hood (Killeen)
    Its a members club but they do alot of things that are open to the public.
    Here is some onfo:

General Range Information Usage:
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Every Tuesday and Thursday the range is reserved from 0800 to 1000 for high power rifle practice and from 1600 till dark for IDPA and 1800 till dark for Steel challenge practice (in the IDPA bays).
     An IDPA Match is held the first Sunday of each month.
     A USPSA Match is held on the third Sunday of each month.
     A Steel Challenge match is held on the fourth Saturday of each month.
     A High-Power Match is held the 2nd Sunday, the 3rd Saturday and last Sunday of each month.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT](The last Sunday is a Service Rifle match.)
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]The 2nd Saturday of the month (1300 to 1600) the range is used by the 4H Youth Marksmanship Program. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: [/FONT][/FONT]The entire East side covered shooting area is reserved for youth instruction during this time.

C-

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Used to be a member there till I joined ARC (mainly due to distance). It was a nice place with decent folks. Never had any issues. Access and range time wasn't hard to come by and if you're out there early enough I never and anyone give me crap about setting up mini stages and practicing. It's been a few years so things could have changed, but it's definitely worth checking into. The public ranges are just too full of retards or have stupid crazy rules to control the retards.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Just a bump to this old thread - shot a USPSA match at Temple today and it was my first time there. Well-run match, nice bays and a great group of folks to shoot with, including several from Austin.

I've now got 1 of the 4 classifiers I need to get a rating... three more to go!

Between ARC, Temple and Bulverde, I should be shooting a LOT more now.

Huntindoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Temple
    Nice club. Great group of families. They meet at Sammons community center the first Monday of the month (I believe at 7pm). You need to go to a meeting to join.

Top Bottom