• ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Honey never spoils.
    Honey is effective as an antibiotic for wounds in several ways. When applied, honey releases slowly hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), an antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antiseptic compound produced from an enzyme, disinfecting the wound, killing the germs and healing the broken skin.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Is honey ‘bee vomit’? The honeybee ingests nectar from flowering plants. That nectar is temporarily stored in their ‘honey stomach’ were it mixes with enzymes (without which, it couldn’t be turned into honey). The honeybee then regurgitates this fluid into hexagonal wax cells within the hive and is capped over, once the moisture content drops to about 17 or 18%.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    For some reason, women always love this bee tale.
    Honeybee Drones are the males and they have no stinger; they also don’t do any of the work in the hive (they even have to beg to be fed). All “worker bees” are infertile females and perform all the work in the hive.

The Drones’ only function is to mate with the Queen honeybee - an act which kills him. In the Fall, when the Drones are no longer needed, the worker bees “kick out” the Drones - they freeze to death. In the Spring when Drones are once again needed, the Queen bee just raises more, (as needed).

Tell that to your wife and get a load of her reaction!

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    For some reason, women always love this bee tale.
    Honeybee drones are the males and they have no stinger; they also don’t do any of the work in the hive. All “worker bees” are infertile females and perform all the work in the hive.

The Drones’ only function is to mate with the Queen honeybee - an act which kills him. In the Fall, when the Drones are no longer needed, the worker bees “kick out” the Drones - they freeze to death. In the Spring when Drones are once again needed, the Queen bee just raises more, as needed.

Tell that to your wife and get a load of her reaction!
    Hmmmmmm
    I've heard that males penises explode in the female and that's how he dies......

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Hmmmmmm
    I've heard that males penises explode in the female and that's how he dies......

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Yep, very close to what happens. The successful Drone(s) mate with the queen in the air while flying. And she... how do I put this tactfully(?).... she “locks on” to their penis... which then gets ripped off when they’re finished and try to depart from the act of mating.

Her mating flight is a ‘once in a lifetime event’ for her. Well, come to think of it, the same can be said for the males too! She mates with as many as ~13-17 males during that one mating flight. So, you might say, “she’s filled up” for a lifetime (which, for the Queen bee, can be as long as about ~4 years).

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Pure Tupelo honey is the only honey that does not crystallize over time. Pure Tupelo honey has a slight greenish cast. (Happens to be my favorite).

Pure Mesquite honey is almost ‘water white’ (clear).

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Despite the insurmountable odds, only one member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition died on the journey.
    Sgt Charles Floyd, passed away near what is today, Souix City Iowa. The best guess today, from reading the journals as to his cause of death was a burst appendix
    Also, Cpt Lewis was shot in the arse by an expedition member who mistook him for an elk on the trip home.

Top Bottom