• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    you say that but the truth is you will feel violated, someone robs you they also take your sense of security. after you been robbed you never look at things the same. you start hiding things, stop buying things because someone might take them. insurance only covers some of your stuff. vehicle content is covered by homeowners ins and that is a 1% deductable ($2000,000 home= $2000) means you get nothing in most cases. damage to the vehicle $500 deductable... so much for insurance replacing anything

I meant what I said so please don't try to dictate how I would feel about it. I've been robbed on more than one occasion and my sense of security is just fine. Killing someone over a car stereo and possibly facing prison time because of it doesn't fly with me, it's just money I can make more. Now if they want to rob me and put my life or the lives of my family at risk that's a different story they're gonna be dead as a hammer.
    Hurley's Gold

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    imagesCAJZLZOL.jpg

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    The simple fact is that in this case even if the shooter wins he probably loses. He is almost guaranteed to get true billed by a grand jury and face criminal charges up to and possibly including murder. Unless he is amazingly wealthy the legal fees are going to chew him up and spit him out. This is a good reminder that any time you pull the trigger it has multiple lawyers attached.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    you say that but the truth is you will feel violated, someone robs you they also take your sense of security. after you been robbed you never look at things the same. you start hiding things, stop buying things because someone might take them. insurance only covers some of your stuff. vehicle content is covered by homeowners ins and that is a 1% deductable ($2000,000 home= $2000) means you get nothing in most cases. damage to the vehicle $500 deductable... so much for insurance replacing anything

You should try looking up what defending yourself in court costs ... and yes, I'm just talking about grand jury.

I'll take a $500 deductible over the multitude of thousands you'd spend to lawyer up.

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    I had two cases before a grand jury before... never showed up and never had a lawyer. they are not court and you don't have to testify.
    take the "Joe horn case" shot two men stealing his neighbors stuff, no bill by a grand jury. was he lucky..... no ,he knew the law. would I shoot someone stealing not sure but I have the option to do so.

if we let people steal without a punishment when does it stop; it doesn't. wait for a cop to show up, takes them 10-30 minute and they are gone. do you lock your car; if so why? why let them damage the car to get what is inside if you are going to do nothing about it anyway!

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I had two cases before a grand jury before... never showed up and never had a lawyer. they are not court and you don't have to testify.
    take the "Joe horn case" shot two men stealing his neighbors stuff, no bill by a grand jury. was he lucky..... no ,he knew the law. would I shoot someone stealing not sure but I have the option to do so.

if we let people steal without a punishment when does it stop; it doesn't. wait for a cop to show up, takes them 10-30 minute and they are gone. do you lock your car; if so why? why let them damage the car to get what is inside if you are going to do nothing about it anyway!

Burglary in progress and a 10-30 minute response time? Glad I'm in a smaller city. Guarantee ya' I've never had that long of a time, especially if I'm n duty.

It's easy for all off us to say yeah I'd shoot or whatever the response, but never really know until you're in the position to raise a firearm. My friend who's a city cop also had a similar situation. But it being 3 men, he was a good witness and waited for on duty officers.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Wasn't there a tow truck driver who was shot, driving away with a guys car that he had repossesed and the shooter was no billed?

Ir am I remembering that wrong?

barstoolguru

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    dallas.tx
    when I met my wife lived in a rural area out by weatherford, tx and they average 1 hour to get some there and sometimes would not even show up. they tell you to come in and file a report because no one was available

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I meant what I said so please don't try to dictate how I would feel about it. I've been robbed on more than one occasion and my sense of security is just fine. Killing someone over a car stereo and possibly facing prison time because of it doesn't fly with me, it's just money I can make more. Now if they want to rob me and put my life or the lives of my family at risk that's a different story they're gonna be dead as a hammer.

Personally, I am for shooting car thives. They do a hell of a lot of damage, disrupt your life and in general need to be culled from the herd. And its not just money. Its days off work replacing the stuff they stole and repairing the damage to the car. I have seen doors left unlocked and the shitbags still broke the glass out to get in. I have had numerous windows broken out of my blazer and the top cut off my miata.

If you want to know when it stopped? I put a alarm in the Blazer, the wife's SCion and the Miata that set off the key fobs when the alarm beeped. The response was a fat fucker, Me, squatting on the fire escape, 3 stories up with an AR-15 and a Long range Surefire weapon light whenever the alarm went off. This is what stopped all the break ins in my parking lot.
    One night . . . the turds hit 16 other cars in all the other parking lots in the condo complex, but none of the cars where I could put a round into them.

Breaking into a house isn't far removed from breaking into a car. That said, it can get expensive and potentially be even more disruptive.

The cops would come out and take a report. Vehicle break ins are the single most common crime in Houston. The law enforcement doesn't care because there is nothing they can do to help you and nothing they can do to prevent the crime.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Several thoughts on this killing: Prosecuters generally go for the jugular vein in court, guilty, not guilty, or whatever...There is no love for thieves, like on the tablet of stone, "Thou shalt not steal"....Again on the tablet, "Thou shalt not murder" (some read that as kill)...In days gone by in our Texas horse and cattle thieves were hanged, often without trial...By often Christian cowboys...

So, only an opinion, one less punk thief, if he was with them he was one of therm, perhaps the rest will have learned a valuable lesson, but that is doubtful !

Top Bottom