• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Hey all I am looking to start sending my resumes to school districts within the DFW area. Do any of you guys have kiddos attending elementary schools in the area? If so, what district and how do you like the district/school? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks :-)
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    My daughter goes to Richardson ISD. I like it a lot better than Dallas ISD. I would try anything other than DISD. Maybe Plano or other points North.

jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    My kid goes to kemp. Small town east of dallas. Much better than dallas or richardson. Richardson seems to have a problem with kids fighting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    My kid goes to kemp. Small town east of dallas. Much better than dallas or richardson. Richardson seems to have a problem with kids fighting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Haha...I've been subbing in Weatherford and they have the same issue. I love the district here but I'm hoping to be moving over the summer.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Try Addison- Carrollton- Mckinney- Plano- Sachse- Wylie.

STAY AWAY from Dallas - Garland. I went to High School in N. Garland quite some time ago. It sucked then, and is 100 times worse now. Same for the H-E-B (Hurst Eueless Bedford) area. I also went to Trinity in Euless. See above statement.

Heard Red Oak and some of the Ennis areas schools are okay.

Good luck.

Edit: What area would you like to teach/live in?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    Thank you! I just want to be in the DFW area because there are a lot of options and districts! I'm hoping to get a 2nd grade class or younger :-)

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Just curious about where because travel time is pertinent. North Dallas area to Mckinney and points north are easy travel, Mckinney to points south is a bitch. Same with living in say, Ennis, and going to Plano or points north of home for work, It's a bitch.

Byrd666

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Oh yeah, Rockwall, and that area ain't supposed to be too bad either. Took me a while to remember the name of that town.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm a retired teacher who can save some of your time.

In the Houston area, we are in Region 4 Educational Service Center. Determine the regional center that your desired location is served by. That service center has all of its school districts listed and all of their Web addresses. You can check out each district and their openings. It saves a ton of time and you can tell immediately if they need your particular certification.

http://www.esc4.net/default.aspx?name=homepage

Good luck!

Flash

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Have you considered DISD,,,as in DENTON? Denton County has been growing by leaps and bounds and there have been several new schools built in the past few years. My step-son spent his entire school career in the DISD and the level of teaching is satisfactory although some really dumb Liberal ideas have permeated the system recently, it's still not too bad.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'm a retired teacher who can save some of your time.

In the Houston area, we are in Region 4 Educational Service Center. Determine the regional center that your desired location is served by. That service center has all of its school districts listed and all of their Web addresses. You can check out each district and their openings. It saves a ton of time and you can tell immediately if they need your particular certification.

Region 4 Education Service Center

Good luck!
    Flash

Good advice! DFW will have a Regional Service Center (don't know the number) that can give you a world of information. Or just go to the website of the district(s) you may be interested in and check their openings, etc.

Top Bottom