• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bagman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Texas
    The Publicly Funded "schools" get MORE THAN PLENTY OF OUR MONEY. Maybe if they actually didn't hire more, USELESS "administrators" than TEACHERS, and stopped paying "superintendents" MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, there just MIGHT be MORE THAN ENOUGH to not only FUND THE SUPPLIES, but also PAY THE TEACHERS MORE.... Do the math.... This is yet ANOTHER "government" institution that is BANKRUPT THROUGH CORRUPTION AND INCOMPETENCE..... Just sayin'.....

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Athletic facilities have been brought up a couple of times. I'd like to add what happened nearby, in the Dickinson ISD. About 10 years ago they floated a bond (which we voted against) for well over a billion bucks to build a new stadium. Bond passed, they built a stadium that is easily good enough for a NFL team. 4 years later they want another bond for another billion+ bucks. That's insane. We'll vote against every single one, and the same goes for the local community college.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    The Publicly Funded "schools" get MORE THAN PLENTY OF OUR MONEY. Maybe if they actually didn't hire more, USELESS "administrators" than TEACHERS, and stopped paying "superintendents" MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, there just MIGHT be MORE THAN ENOUGH to not only FUND THE SUPPLIES, but also PAY THE TEACHERS MORE.... Do the math.... This is yet ANOTHER "government" institution that is BANKRUPT THROUGH CORRUPTION AND INCOMPETENCE..... Just sayin'.....
    There is some truth there. School choice would help some of this. Not all but some.

cav2108541

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    I taught high school science for a short time I’m with the teachers on this one. There are a lot of students who can’t afford the supplies. You could easily spend $2-3 grand on little stuff that comes up.
    I’m not aware of other salaried jobs where you have to pay for consumables Out of your own pocket.
    Never an NCO or in the military, eh?

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Athletic facilities have been brought up a couple of times. I'd like to add what happened nearby, in the Dickinson ISD. About 10 years ago they floated a bond (which we voted against) for well over a billion bucks to build a new stadium. Bond passed, they built a stadium that is easily good enough for a NFL team. 4 years later they want another bond for another billion+ bucks. That's insane. We'll vote against every single one, and the same goes for the local community college.
    Exaggerate much?
    This says DISD over the past 20 years has passed a total of $360 million in five bond issues…building new schools to accommodate rapid expansion.

But I do agree that too much $$ around the state goes to building unnecessarily fancy football stadiums

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Exaggerate much?
    This says DISD over the past 20 years has passed a total of $360 million in five bond issues…building new schools to accommodate rapid expansion.

But I do agree that too much $$ around the state goes to building unnecessarily fancy football stadiums
    Yeah it looked like the Bond vote they had in May was a solid package, especially with the focus on technical education.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Eventually there becomes more takers than givers Already there chum.
    DISD over the past 20 years has passed a total of $360 million in five bond issues -- nope, to replace existing schools that got trashed, just like Dallas streets.
    PISD is just as bad.

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    Eventually there becomes more takers than givers Already there chum.
    DISD over the past 20 years has passed a total of $360 million in five bond issues -- nope, to replace existing schools that got trashed, just like Dallas streets.
    PISD is just as bad.
    Have there ever been any school bonds (for the children!) that didn't pass with a landslide vote? Thats the exact same tactics liberal strongholds use to spend more money; its for the children! Who cares how much it costs? Won't you think of the children?!?!

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Have there ever been any school bonds (for the children!) that didn't pass with a landslide vote? Thats the exact same tactics liberal strongholds use to spend more money; its for the children! Who cares how much it costs? Won't you think of the children?!?!
    Not all the bonds have passed over the past couple of years for comal isd .

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The first Bond for the Katy ISD stadium failed. So the next year they came out with an even bigger bond package close to 1 Billion. That they announced as focus of refitting schools and building new schools. Plus a little bit for the stadium. of course it passed. and of course the stadium got built. My opinion if a developer builds housing projects for enough to need new schools they should build the schools.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    When I was a kid my parents bought the school supplies I needed, not the teachers.

As do most student's parents. In the situation I help with its a very poor district with lots of minority students, many of which can't afford all the crap the schools want them to buy.

Teachers post a bunch of stuff they want in hopes someone buys it. I only buy stuff that I know will be used regularly by the students. Crayons, pencils, etc.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    As do most student's parents. In the situation I help with its a very poor district with lots of minority students, many of which can't afford all the crap the schools want them to buy.

Teachers post a bunch of stuff they want in hopes someone buys it. I only buy stuff that I know will be used regularly by the students. Crayons, pencils, etc.
    Just pointing out that teachers are asking for supplies for the students not for themselves. Some of the replies here sounded as if people thought teachers were asking for supplies for themselves of that they thought teachers/schools should supply kids with what they needed.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman

The parents can't afford school supplies but can afford a cell phone, getting their nails done, getting their hair done, cable TV, cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. Meanwhile they take their food stamps and sell them for $0.50 on the dollar because the school will feed their kids three meals a day.

DenverGp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2022
    Anna Tx
    When comparing the cost of supplies between teachers and other professions, bear in mind that everyone except teachers gets to pass those costs along to their customers. If I run an auto repair shop and I need consumable supplies, I order them, and then charge my customers for them. Remember that 'miscellaneous shop supplies' charge on your invoice? And IMHO, buying tools is simply a cost of doing business. You can't do your job without them.

auto mechanics almost always buy their own tools, not the shop.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Just pointing out that teachers are asking for supplies for the students not for themselves. Some of the replies here sounded as if people thought teachers were asking for supplies for themselves of that they thought teachers/schools should supply kids with what they needed.
    Not true for our schools. Teachers regularly ask for snacks and supplies for teachers.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom