• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    As far as semi autos go, I have a PT111 G2... have had it for a number of years. It has never failed to feed, fire, eject... nothing at all. I've tried everything except steel cased stuff. Probably close to 2000 rounds through it. I bought it because the price was what I needed at the time. I've since gotten several other carry guns, but I still own the Taurus. I wouldn't hesitate to carry it. I trust it completely.
    I had a 24/7 Pro in .45 auto that was just as dependable. The only issue with it was that it didn't like swc bullets. Feeding issues were common. Anything resembling ball ammo was flawless.
    I have a 380 TCP also. It's been flawless since I tweaked the slide hold open tab. It's my hot weather shorts edc.
    I also have a TX22 that is wonderful. Shoots everything you feed it, except maybe sub-sonics.

I also have one of their 856 revolvers in 38 sp... Flawless.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    A buddy of mine won a Raging Bull in .44mag in a drawing two years ago and I helped him mount a 4x handgun scope on it. Since then he has taken 4 whitetails and countless hogs with it. He loves the gun even though everyone he knows says its junk. He keeps proving them all wrong. I polished all the internals of the trigger group which gave it a silky smooth DA trigger that he loves.

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    A buddy of mine won a Raging Bull in .44mag in a drawing two years ago and I helped him mount a 4x handgun scope on it. Since then he has taken 4 whitetails and countless hogs with it. He loves the gun even though everyone he knows says its junk. He keeps proving them all wrong. I polished all the internals of the trigger group which gave it a silky smooth DA trigger that he loves.
    Yep... 4 deer and numerous hogs.... it's junk.
    He should have traded it in on one of those Ruger Super Redhawks that kept blowing the barrels off the end of the frame.... :laughing:

justmax

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I wish all the Taurus bashers would do some more research. If #1 actually knew the history of Taurus and maybe had a little inside information, they would know that the majority of Taurus’ problems came with the polymer pistols. Those problems and pressure to do the polymer pistols came from Smith and Wesson. In the end, Taurus ended up helping Smith and Wesson get through their tough times when their engineering and manufacturing sucked.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I wish all the Taurus bashers would do some more research. If #1 actually knew the history of Taurus and maybe had a little inside information, they would know that the majority of Taurus’ problems came with the polymer pistols. Those problems and pressure to do the polymer pistols came from Smith and Wesson. In the end, Taurus ended up helping Smith and Wesson get through their tough times when their engineering and manufacturing sucked.

Taurus basher here.

Point Blur_Aug092022_094400.jpg

Lol

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I will say the kids in one of the SASP teams I work with using the Taurus TX22 pistol shows very good results in the competition steel matches. If any of my kids decided to go the SASP route I would most likely get this pistol.

bigtex10mm

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2021
    Fayette Co.
    Yep... 4 deer and numerous hogs.... it's junk.
    He should have traded it in on one of those Ruger Super Redhawks that kept blowing the barrels off the end of the frame.... :laughing:
    And that's why I stick with my 3 Redhawks. No such problems and in my opinion a much better looking gun.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    It already says Taurus on the box. What else could we possibly say?
    <>

I've owned 3, never any problem.

In fact, the PT-145 MP was my night-time EDC during our decade back in New Orleans; while Colts, Kimber, Walther, GLOCKS, etc. stayed in the safe.

The only warning I have is re "double stack' mags; keep them either full or empty. I'd say that about any double stack.

<>

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Gordo you aint right
    Just trolling like always.

I've had a couple of good Taurus pistols but don't plan on getting anymore. I had a .44 mag Raging Bull my older brother has and still shoots it. I also had a SS PT-92 that was a great shooter and sold it to a friend who's had zero issues with it.

I had a compact double stack in 380 Taurus that was a turd. It wouldn't do a complete mag without multiple malfunctions. Sold it immediately to a bud who wanted to get it working himself and never bought a Taurus after that.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Just trolling like always.

I've had a couple of good Taurus pistols but don't plan on getting anymore. I had a .44 mag Raging Bull my older brother has and still shoots it. I also had a SS PT-92 that was a great shooter and sold it to a friend who's had zero issues with it.

I had a compact double stack in 380 Taurus that was a turd. It wouldn't do a complete mag without multiple malfunctions. Sold it immediately and never bought a Taurus after that.
    <>

We have all experienced malfunctions, which never inspired one to abandon Colt, S&W, Sig, etc.

I still recommend that any malfunction of a non-recreational weapon be assessed by a Pro Gunsmith experienced with the make & model.

How many problems did we all have with the Browning Auto-5; which is still a popular model?

<>

hornetguy

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    And that's why I stick with my 3 Redhawks. No such problems and in my opinion a much better looking gun.
    Agreed..... I still think the Super Red was an answer to a non-existent problem. Personally, I think they are fugly....
    I had all three of the Redhawks when they first came out, and foolishly traded them off for one thing or another.

Currently I only have one... a 4" .45 Colt...

Top Bottom