Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    icon107.gif

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    I have a G2c and G3 and consider them truck guns. No great loss if stolen. To be honest though they have never failed me, I consider them to be essentially a less expensive Glock.If there is a gun company that has improved it's offering it is Taurus. It is still fighting to clear its reputation. Everyone remembers the old Taurus.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    If my life depends on it, I'd get a Glock, Shield or other trusted brand. I know several people who own and trust Taurus and others with different experiences. They seem to be trying to improve their products.
    However, if you going to leave it in your truck... :banghead:

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    After my wife trained at the range with an instructor and became proficient with a Glock 44 (22 cal), I bought her a Taurus TX 22 with manual safety. The safety was my idea. Got her boxes of range ammo and a box of hollow points for carrying. She loves it and works for her, good enough review on this end.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    We’ve had a few of the new GX4 pistols come through the shop lately.

Feedback we’ve been getting from the customers who bought them are very positive.

Local LTC instructors came by Thursday to visit and also mentioned the GX4 pistols they’re seeing in classes are preforming well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    We’ve had a few of the new GX4 pistols come through the shop lately.

Feedback we’ve been getting from the customers who bought them are very positive.

Local LTC instructors came by Thursday to visit and also mentioned the GX4 pistols they’re seeing in classes are preforming well.

I have a GX4. Shoots well for me. Only reason I'm planning to sell it is because my pre-arthritic hand can't handle the recoil of that tiny a gun in 9mm. I did ask Taurus if they planned on making a .380 version....no plans at this time :banghead:.

Also owned a PT908 and currently own a TX22. Both great guns.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have a G2c and G3 and consider them truck guns. No great loss if stolen. To be honest though they have never failed me, I consider them to be essentially a less expensive Glock.If there is a gun company that has improved it's offering it is Taurus. It is still fighting to clear its reputation. Everyone remembers the old Taurus.

Concur, and I trust the three Taurus pistols I own as much as I would a Glock; or even better, my Springfields!

In fact, my Taurus semi-autos have better triggers than a Glock!

However, I still consider them to be "disposable" in a sense I would be less impacted on the loss of one than one of my more expensive pistols!

By the way, Taurus' customer service is excellent as well!

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    Also have a G2C and a G3, both have been great right out of the box.

OTOH, I bought a TX22 and it had a bad barrel, an issue with early production from what I read on the forums.

Called CS, they emailed me a return label, dropped it off on a Thursday, they shipped it back the following Friday, got it on Monday. That's pretty damn fast. It's been perfect since.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'd sworn Taurus off after a host of problems with the PT111's - but a good friend of mine bought a G2C a year or so after they came out. For a $190 gun (he paid 189.99 out the door - no sales tax in Oregon) it was very well made and reliable on every outing we shot together. His other times shooting it solo, or in other groups his gun hasn't choked. Until he became a cop, it was his concealed carry piece. That gun made me re-evaluate my absolutely no Taurus policy. Lots of others have had good experiences with them, bolstering the notion that they've markedly improved on quality. I still have not bought a Taurus, but at this point if I got a good enough deal on one and needed a gun that it filled a niche of - a G2C or G3C wouldn't make a bad carry gun. No experience with the G4's so I reserve judgement there. A change in management and focus on delivering a quality product has been good for Taurus. I'll also say the polymer blend on the G2 and G3 guns feels quite a lot better / higher quality than on the PT111 lineup. The take down process is also better.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Only Taurus I owned was a Raging Bull in 454 Casull. It was beautifully finished, had a very nice trigger right outta the box and was very accurate.

Brought home the bacon with it a number of times. It now belongs to a good friend who used it to take a Elk, & quite a few wild hogs.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    I’ve had many Taurus pistols… probably 20 over last 10 years… many calibers, many makes and models

I’ve had no more problem with my Taurus pistols than I’ve had with other brands

YMMV

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I have a GX4. Shoots well for me. Only reason I'm planning to sell it is because my pre-arthritic hand can't handle the recoil of that tiny a gun in 9mm. I did ask Taurus if they planned on making a .380 version....no plans at this time :banghead:.

Also owned a PT908 and currently own a TX22. Both great guns.
    If you like the gun, perhaps try one of the Houge grips first.

Joe

Top Bottom