• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Funny you should post that. I was going to post it a few weeks ago when Glenn Beck featured it on his show but the website was blitzed for almost a week and I didn't want to send you guys a dead link. :)

Edit to add: http://www.nolanchart.com/article7443.html

That is a good link discussing the outcomes of the Nolan Quiz. I myself placed near the very top center of the Libertarian quadrant while taking the quiz.

Double edit to add: My (now ex) wife used to HATE Libertarians and I had actually never known that I fell into that category with my own beliefs. Maybe that's why it didn't work out?

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    Funny you should post that. I was going to post it a few weeks ago when Glenn Beck featured it on his show but the website was blitzed for almost a week and I didn't want to send you guys a dead link. :)

Edit to add: What Do The Nolan Chart Categories Mean?

That is a good link discussing the outcomes of the Nolan Quiz. I myself placed near the very top center of the Libertarian quadrant while taking the quiz.

Double edit to add: My (now ex) wife used to HATE Libertarians and I had actually never known that I fell into that category with my own beliefs. Maybe that's why it didn't work out?

Yah, I have always thought I was a Conservative, but the test puts me near the top of the Libertarian section.

From the page of the url you added,

libertarian: supports the smallest possible government, supports individual liberty in all ways, prefers to only defend our borders and not interfere in other countries' affairs.
    conservative: tends to give lip-service to liberty while placing emphasis on government control of "family" issues (gay marriage, abortion, borders, etc.) while pushing for major military involvement worldwide by America, in the hopes of creating a faith-based, "conservative" world.
    liberal: tends to give lip-service to liberty while placing emphasis on government control of "social issues" (social safety net, minority rights, etc.) while pushing for major diplomatic involvement worldwide by America backed by somewhat lesser military involvement, in the hopes of creating an inclusive, "liberal" world.
    statist: the marriage of liberal and conservative aspects of big government. Supports both the conservative "family" agenda and the liberal "social" agenda. Supports both major diplomatic and military involvement abroad.
    centrist: somewhere in the middle of all of the above.

I personally do not agree with this guys definition of a Conservative. But feel that Conservatives are closer to a combination of the Libertarian and Conservative definitions.

But by these definitions, I would have to agree that today I am Libertarian minded.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    libertarian: supports the smallest possible government, supports individual liberty in all ways, prefers to only defend our borders and not interfere in other countries' affairs.
    conservative: tends to give lip-service to liberty while placing emphasis on government control of "family" issues (gay marriage, abortion, borders, etc.) while pushing for major military involvement worldwide by America, in the hopes of creating a faith-based, "conservative" world.
    liberal: tends to give lip-service to liberty while placing emphasis on government control of "social issues" (social safety net, minority rights, etc.) while pushing for major diplomatic involvement worldwide by America backed by somewhat lesser military involvement, in the hopes of creating an inclusive, "liberal" world.
    statist: the marriage of liberal and conservative aspects of big government. Supports both the conservative "family" agenda and the liberal "social" agenda. Supports both major diplomatic and military involvement abroad.
    centrist: somewhere in the middle of all of the above.

Interesting definitions. I don't think I agree with either, but it is interesting.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    If you look at those in politics that call themselves conservatives, and what they holler about then this definition fits perfect. Go the the Republican National Committee website and read the Republican party platform....makes this definition crystal clear.
    I was one square away from being at the very peak of the chart.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Meh, I never really understood what any of this meant anyways. Apparently I'm a centrist

draw.php

MiTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Austin
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.
    I never would have considered myself Libertarian, but I guess I am getting fairly close.
    Of course, I knew I would not land in the Left or Statist.
    Pffft!
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom