• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Good question, I am looking for some soft cases for a couple of scoped rifles I have (an SKS and a Mosin), and all I have found so far in SA has been the expensive tactical bags at Academy. I hope to hit Bass Pro or Dick's in the near future to see if they have anything to offer; but Academy is usually the better priced location for these kind of things...

I will let you know if I find anything. I might hit the Powderhorn gun shop on my way home this afternoon, depending on the weather.

There's also Alamo Tactical near Ft Sam, but I have no experience with them.

Cheers! M2

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Alamo Tactical<- My Personal Favorite, Buy all of my AR's and parts from Chris
    Alamo UTG<- Been ripped off by them before though, but they are an option
    Kellac Uniforms<- Bought my BlackHawk! Homeland Security Discreet AR Case from them
    The Saxet Gun Show<-First weekend of every month
    Other than thses I would be interested in hearing of some other places!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I saw one at Academy, though I think it was too small to fit a large handgun, much less a rifle. It barely fit carbine with a collapsable stock. I mean it was busting at the seams. . . maybe they were just out of the real rifle sizes.

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Look at Tac-Force bags online. I have one of their discreet carry bags and it is very well put together.

c_m_shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Paradise
    My favorite AR case is a gig bag for an electric guitar. my 16" AR fits perfect and it has plenty of pockets to stash magazines, brass catcher and a scope. I think of it kind of like the old "violin case" for the old Thompsons.

For you guys with 20" AR's, you may look for a Bass Guitar gig bag. They should be about 48" compared to 40" for a standard guitar.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Kel-Lac next Lackland AFB may have something like that. They stock a lot of tactical gear (mostly by Blackhawk like their MOLLE vests, Serpa holsters, etc). It would be worth checking with them, anyway. Their number is (210) 674-0511.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    my first thought when i saw the title of the thread was
    "tactical gun case... you mean a holster?"
    Hah!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Kel-Lac next Lackland AFB may have something like that. They stock a lot of tactical gear (mostly by Blackhawk like their MOLLE vests, Serpa holsters, etc). It would be worth checking with them, anyway. Their number is (210) 674-0511.

Stopped by there on my way home today, all they had was a short carbine bag similar to the ones seen at Academy.

Also stopped at The Powderhorn, they've got a small selection of bags but nothing that fit what I need.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Skip going by Alamo Tactical. We were in the neighborhood so we stopped by. There isn't that much in the store, and no gun bags. It appears they are having a bit of difficulty with their new location...

Either wait two weeks for the next SAXET show, or try online (I've heard lots of great things about Copes). We're running over to Bass Pro in a little bit, I'll look there and let you know.

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not much at Bass Pro, everything there is geared towards hunting...not worth the trouble.

Same goes with Dick's. We were close so I thought I would take a quick look. Not much of a selection.

We did have a scare there though, some bozo was trying to go down the escalator with a shopping car with an infant seat in it. The hood was up so we couldn't see if there was a child in it; and before I could even think what a moron this guy was the seat flips forward and goes bouncing down the escalator!

Well, it turned out to be empty but several other people in the store reacted as we did. I don't think it was a prank or anything, because if I found anyone videoing it they would have had a hard time extracting the camera from their anal orifice once I got a hold of them!

The most idiotic thing is that the elevator is about 20 feet from top of the escalator! I guess it was too far for the dumbass!

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom