• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I always pack 100 yards of para-cord in my BOB when I head out to the war zones. Comes in handy for so many things!!!

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I won't buy any of those products, just because I can make them all myself, and have already made a few. Some from REAL paracord, cut from parachutes. I've bought plenty of bundles of 550 cord, and it's about as useful as duct-tape. I even lace my boots with it, so I'm constantly walking around with about 6 feet of it.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Para cord is indeed a great field tool. I bring some along most times. But I guess I don't get the weaved bracelets. Seems cool, you've got 6 or 8 foot of cord on your wrist, but 50 feet doesn't take up much room in a BOB, or glove compartment. I picked up a 50 foot pack from LAPG for $3 ~ as a tag along when I bought something else, and all I've got to do to employ it is open the zip lock bag it's in.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Fair point, navyguy. I carry bundles of paracord in bags as well. These items seem to be geared toward occasions when you don't have your BOB, and all you have is what is on your person. A few feet of paracord can do wonders when you don't have anything else on you. I know I don't always have a BOB with me. In fact, I don't even have a BOB (reasoning for that is a completely different subject; rest assured, I'm prepared.) But a bracelet that I can wear all the time, or a watch band, or a belt, or my boot laces- they're with me all the time.

Top Bottom