• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The OP is actually an important bit of news.

Now, how does the judicial branch do anything to force the executive branch to comply?

You’re correct and this will be interesting to watch. To paraphrase Andy Jackson in response to Marbury v Madison, the chief justice has made a ruling, now let him enforce it. Lincoln also conveniently ignored a Supreme Court ruling that declared his suspension of habeas corpus unconstitutional.

Congress could also just pass an act to change the existing law and render it all moot. My money is that it will just be ignored, much like the eviction ruling will be.

amberloo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    texas
    You’re correct and this will be interesting to watch. To paraphrase Andy Jackson in response to Marbury v Madison, the chief justice has made a ruling, now let him enforce it. Lincoln also conveniently ignored a Supreme Court ruling that declared his suspension of habeas corpus unconstitutional.

Congress could also just pass an act to change the existing law and render it all moot. My money is that it will just be ignored, much like the eviction ruling will be.
    congress cant just pass an act to change it unless they git sixty votes in the congress to vote for it and repubs wont vote for it

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    If you are so smart, why place the comma between "sentence structure" and "and spelling", it was unnecessary. Then again, why not add one where it actually was needed between: "If you're proud of it" and "so be it". I am not criticizing your abilities but I am asking because it makes me wonder, why would you criticize someone else's spelling or grammar when you do not get your own right?

Because that's proper grammar when addressing multiple subjects. I'm not an English major but I am fairly conversant.

The second comma was not required as it was a statement.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you are so smart, why place the comma between "sentence structure" and "and spelling", it was unnecessary. Then again, why not add one where it actually was needed between: "If you're proud of it" and "so be it". I am not criticizing your abilities but I am asking because it makes me wonder, why would you criticize someone else's spelling or grammar when you do not get your own right?
    I'm not proud to post this but I can't resist. May God and Glenn B forgive me.

It's generally not wise to post a comment correcting the grammar of another user when every sentence in your post contains errors.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I'm not proud to post this but I can't resist. May God and Glenn B forgive me.

It's generally not wise to post a comment correcting the grammar of another user when every sentence in your post contains errors.
    While true, I think you missed where this started. Grammar nazism is generally non-productive.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

congress cant just pass an act to change it unless they git sixty votes in the congress to vote for it and repubs wont vote for it

Supreme Court should have some authority to direct a law enforcement branch to take into custody members of the Executive and Legislative branches that wilfully ignore the verdicts/orders of SCOTUS and hold them in contempt, or suspend the powers/authority of those individuals until such time as the judicial orders are followed. When the gentlemanly agreement between branches falls apart, only the Executive branch has any enforcement mechanism at their disposal, since they control federal law enforcement and the military.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Supreme Court should have some authority to direct a law enforcement branch to take into custody members of the Executive and Legislative branches that wilfully ignore the verdicts/orders of SCOTUS and hold them in contempt, or suspend the powers/authority of those individuals until such time as the judicial orders are followed. When the gentlemanly agreement between branches falls apart, only the Executive branch has any enforcement mechanism at their disposal, since they control federal law enforcement and the military.
    I've always thought the US Marshals Service should be under SCOTUS for this reason.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Damn. Threads usually make it past post #2 before getting derailed.

Is this a new record?
    Stay out of this! The GUARDIAN OF GRAMMAR has been unleashed! A fairly important SCOTUS decision was posted and the poster MUST BE PUNISHED for sloppy grammar and miserable spelling! Off with his head.... By the way TXStetson, pointing out the thread was derailed by someone carping about grammar/spelling was spot on.

Top Bottom