• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtyler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Peeltown
    Anybody ever get a mesage in a chevy that says "Stabilitrak off, Service stabilitrak and then Engine power reduced and starts running like crap/ My 2010 started doing that. Shut it off for a couple minutes and it'd be gtg. Friday started happening every 10 miles or so and next day it wouldn't start. Cleaned the throttle body with throttle body cleaner and the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner. Anybody have any other ideas? I hate late model computer controlled vehicles!
    Hurley's Gold

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You might have triggered the Auto Suspension Adjust thing.....by possibly taking a turn too sharp, causes the suspension to drop & automatically
    causes power to "almost" shut down until reset.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    TPS? What do I do about that? It's got 170,000 miles on it. Does that matter?

All you can do is replace it as a unit. The whole throttle body will have to be replaced. I believe there was a service bulletin issued awhile back, so there's a chance the dealer may warranty it for you.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Even with that many miles, a recent TSB (technical service bulletin) would require them to replace the affected part at no cost to you. Worth looking into.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    lmao... so if you corner hard it causes a fault?

I don't know about a "fault", but a friends Suburban had a suspension package that was set up to drop the rear end in event of
    an evasive type manuver to lower the center of gravity to help prevent rollover, it also caused the engine power to drop to
    almost nothing.....I thought he could have the same set up.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Ya, it's drive-by-wire so the TPS is also the throttle plate actuator. Thankfully, they're a lot cheaper than the old cable-actuated throttle bodies. On this Chevy it should be about $100 for the whole thing.

Top Bottom