• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I believe in the right to protect yourself, but an IQ test should be involved. I just had a pt walkin yelling about how she had a gun in her purse and waving her CHL around asking if it was ok for her to have it. WHO THE **** DOES THAT?!? I thought I had some morons in my class but this lady takes the cake. Not to mention I 100% think she has mental problems after listening to her. She started talking about how she just went through the course this year, and just got her card in. I told her apperently they let just anyone go through those courses, and apperently her instructor was a moron if he told her to do all this(so she said).

Hope no one heard this stupid lady. Way to give gun owners a good name dumb ass....
    Venture Surplus ad

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I have taken the full class once and renewed twice and the second renewal was private because the first two classes were mostly of people who had no grasp of either safe gun handeling or the law. Most barely passed the test.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I don't think there should be a class to take before you get a right to carry.
    Next you will say you want a national open carry law that applies to all 50 states. But I am afraid my friend that something like that will require an ammendment to the constitution and that sadly will never happen.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Next you will say you want a national open carry law that applies to all 50 states. But I am afraid my friend that something like that will require an ammendment to the constitution and that sadly will never happen.

States should decide their own laws under strict scrutiny that the 2nd amendment is a right..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict_scrutiny

Texas should and I think will have open carry in 6 years.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If we applied a test for stupid, it would have to be extended to driving a vehicle, using a cell phone (esp. driving AND using a phone!), having children, getting a job, getting promoted (that would wipe out whole company management teams!), voting (easy indicator of intelligence in the White House right now), and being President.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    If we applied a test for stupid, it would have to be extended to driving a vehicle, using a cell phone (esp. driving AND using a phone!), having children, getting a job, getting promoted (that would wipe out whole company management teams!), voting (easy indicator of intelligence in the White House right now), and being President.
    YEP!

robertc1216

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Cypress
    Haha if we did that a chunk of the US wouldnt be able to show up for work

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    A person's IQ doesn't mean they have good judgement. If someone could put common sense into test form, that would be the way to go. But I honestly can't imagine denying someone the ability to defend themselves, just because their brain dont work all good-like.
    Some obvious reasons exempt from this idea. That woman should have her chl taken away for doing something so publicly foolish

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Pard, you got it right, hit the nail right on the head ! Heck, they require drivers Licenses but have you ever observed a driver of an automobile or an 18 wheeler that you wondered how they ever got a license...They can't check the sanity of Drivers or CHL holders to any degree but we can observe and keep our distance.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    That woman should have her chl taken away for doing something so publicly foolish

No, someone ought to take the time to educate her on proper etiquette. This is a training issue. Help others understand proper procedures and we will lessen the chance of others perceiving gun owners as nut jobs.

AKMike, did you take this opportunity to help this woman understand that what she was doing was not correct and acceptable in a polite way? Why not??

We have been working on this ability to defend one's self for quite a while now, and finally making good progress. Setbacks like the one in FL will continue to pop up until better education and understanding, with out political agendas getting the way, take place on a large scale.

Remember it used to be real hard to get permission to carry a concealed firearm in just about every state. Now it's mainly prejudiced against the economically challenged and those that live in large urban areas.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    No, someone ought to take the time to educate her on proper etiquette. This is a training issue. Help others understand proper procedures and we will lessen the chance of others perceiving gun owners as nut jobs.

AKMike, did you take this opportunity to help this woman understand that what she was doing was not correct and acceptable in a polite way? Why not??

We have been working on this ability to defend one's self for quite a while now, and finally making good progress. Setbacks like the one in FL will continue to pop up until better education and understanding, with out political agendas getting the way, take place on a large scale.

Remember it used to be real hard to get permission to carry a concealed firearm in just about every state. Now it's mainly prejudiced against the economically challenged and those that live in large urban areas.

I can agree with you to an extent. Some people can not handle the responsibility given with a CHL. That should be weighed by th CHL instructor, who obviously dropped the ball with this lady or she was just excited that she got her license and didn't know how to vent it. The proper etiquette for carrying is somewhat implied by the license itself though.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    9810.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    That should be weighed by th CHL instructor, who obviously dropped the ball with this lady or she was just excited that she got her license and didn't know how to vent it.

Oh I get it, it's gonna be a popularity contest with the instructor??? So if the instructor can be the final determining factor, what keeps him from basing his decision on his own personal prejudices?? We are going to intrust folks that have taken a basic 36 hour course to be judge and jury on whether a person is mentally capable of holding a permit? If they don't pass the mandated test that is one thing, but expecting these folks to have the ability to judge character, mental health, etc is a bit much. Here it appears that her instructor did not properly prepare this student for the real world situations she will be placed in. Are you willing to set up a computer based tracking program that would let the authorities know if a student who failed one class did not try to take it some where else? Kinda like the emissions on your car for an inspection sticker? Seriously, more intrusion?

See I am complete opposite of opinion regarding license's. I don't think there should be any class, fee, license or other requirement to be able to exercise your second amendment rights and god given right of self protection. Fortunately other states see this as well as Arizona, Alaska, New Hampshire, etc. do not require any of this crap from their citizens to carry concealed. Maybe one day Texas will get with the program. Probably not for a while as other agendas are in play here with our license process (funds for the state, making sure you are up to date on your child support, liberal LEO that scream about the bloodbath that will happen in the streets, etc.) All of which have nothing to do with your right to properly protect yourself.

If this lady is as crazy as you say, I am sure she will make a mistake and get her state granted privilege taken away.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

Yeah I tried she just wanted to argue about it. Just like everything else the whole night. so I quit talking.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

What are you talking about? We have the 2nd and 14th amendments already.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Ft. Hood/San Antonio
    Common Sense is not a gift, it is a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone else that dosnt have it.

Seen that wrote under the menu the other day at the chow hall and thought it applied here as well. Made me laugh

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    When I took my first class late 1995 there was this old couple who were shooting a handgun for the first time during the proficiency test...I know any idiot can pass the shooting part but man that was scary thinking these two were armed. The old lady had no clue and the instructor was teaching her how to shoot her weapon.

Top Bottom