• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    looking at buying a motorcycle seeing that its been two years without one now. looking into a cbr600rr or similiar. a few years ago it was more than the bike payments were a month. what are you guys paying and who are you going through? just trying to get a ballpark figure before i call a place and flip out if its still high.
    Capitol Armory ad

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ah'm payin' $375/yr for full coverage on an '07 Harley Ultra Classic w/$5k in accessory coverage, an' another $5k for the trailer we pull behind it. Have it through Bikeline - have had coverage w/them since switchin' from Progressive in '98 - they DO take how long you've had a policy w/them into account.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    Check with State Farm. They base their rates on CC amount, not style of bike. Very important since your looking for coverage for a sport bike. My 1KRR cost me $79/month for full coverage and that was with 2 tickets on my record.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    I remember a few years ago an insurance guy told me the average time between a bran new GSX-R600 and a totaled bike was 90 days.

Sounds about right for riders under 21. Just not enough discipline mentally to control that kind of power. IMO.

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    2004 GSX-R 1000 = $1200.00 per year using Progressive w/ no moving violations.

I am getting raped here since I had it for 4 years without ever making a claim.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    When i did shopping for mine, Progressive was outrageous. I'm telling you, call SF. Are you under 25?

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I had Geico when I had my 06 Honda CBR600RR... But I would go with State Farm (Thats who I have now, but with no bike). But I'm also under 25, I was 21 when I first got it, but I paid cash for it so I didn't need full coverage. Switch all your stuff to State Farm and save $$$$.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    im 23 right now. had my motorcycle indorsement since i got my license when i was 16 (up in michigan). bought a bike instead of a car for my first vehicle. i called state farm this morning and they stated they would call me back but that was a few hours ago.

Tang777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I just got a policy from progressive, minimum liability, comprehensive $250 deductible, and $3,000 accessory coverage, PIP, for $69 a month on a cbr 600f2. however I am 21. been riding for 3 years.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    progressive and nationwide were both sitting above 5K for the year! state farm is by far the best but still 135 a month for full coverage and that was or a 2011 yzfr6. i asked about a used bike in the 06-08 year range and it actually went up to around 180 per month. not a good way to start a day.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Do as ya'll will - but I've seen everyone referenced other than Bikeline....that I've had for years, and many others have found to be quite competetive. Not always to be sure - but IMO they're at least worth checking into.

JADB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    DFW
    :1zhelp:
    progressive and nationwide were both sitting above 5K for the year! state farm is by far the best but still 135 a month for full coverage and that was or a 2011 yzfr6. i asked about a used bike in the 06-08 year range and it actually went up to around 180 per month. not a good way to start a day.

You can thank robin303 for this! I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i couldn't pass it up! :1zhelp:

slammr

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Plano, Tx
    looking at buying a motorcycle seeing that its been two years without one now. looking into a cbr600rr or similiar. a few years ago it was more than the bike payments were a month. what are you guys paying and who are you going through? just trying to get a ballpark figure before i call a place and flip out if its still high.

Depends on how old you are, but this is the most expensive class of bike to insure because a lot of "kids" crash them going too fast or doing stupid things on them. My suggestion is buy a bike that qualifies as a "standard". It's still "sporty" and your rates will be significantly lower. I had a Suzuki GS500 for a few years, but you can find up to 1200 cc bikes in this class. I'm riding an sport-touring bike (1300cc) and it is only a little over $200 a year for full coverage with Progressive; but it's 8 years old now.

Top Bottom