• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    I recently had a employee from STI out for a CEH1 class and I fell in love with 1911's all over again...He brought a nice selection from STI out and everyone in the class had a chance to run a few of the STI's . I do believe he made a few sales, LOL!!
    Hurley's Gold

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    was looking for an STI Elektra for my Wife but wanted her to heft, handle and rack the slide to make sure she liked it (before buying). couldn't find one so I called STI for recommendations. a wonderful CS person said that if we'd care to drive to Georgetown he would "open STI's safe" and she could fondle everything..... made the drive the next day and, sure enough, he "opened the safe" and invited us to "go at it". we saw and handled guns that weren't available to the public as yet. the CS guy said to try Cabela's in Buda, Tx so we called them from the STI's parking lot. the Cabela's Library fellow said something like "we've got some..". so, off we went, down I 35 to Buda. the Library guy brought out "some" and my Wife decided on an Elektra, Red, in 9mm............but, not to be out-gunned, I opted to take home one too - an Elektra, Black in .45cal

I like STIs a bunch and I ordered this one today - the Tactical 4.0 SS in .40cal - it'll be here in 2 days.....

Tactical4_1a_zps677f7132.jpg

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Another difference is the frame. Both the Lawman and the Tactical SS have forged frames. I believe the Trojan is built on a cast frame. Nothing wrong with that, but forging is a more expensive process.

All of the Texas made frames are forged. Both my Trojans have forged frames.

The cast frames are only in the Armscor models like the Spartan.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I do like these guns, but one thing I havent seen is what kind of groups these get at 50yards. My Rock River will do 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards.

Tootie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Schertz, Texas
    I recently had a employee from STI out for a CEH1 class and I fell in love with 1911's all over again...He brought a nice selection from STI out and everyone in the class had a chance to run a few of the STI's . I do believe he made a few sales, LOL!!

Makes sense to me, after all, STI is completely employee owned. And that is one smart employee!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom