• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Went to Sti today to drop off my sti 4.15 tactical and what a great bunch of people there. Gave us the nickel tour around the facility everyone was nice and the equipment they use is amazing. They showed us the process start to finish. Im proud to have a company like that here in Texas they should make that place a monument.
    ARJ Defense ad

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    I agree -it is an amazing place and great people. My daughter lives in G-town and got me a tour a couple of years ago.

I don't think they are set up for tours, but they were very gracious to us.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I got a tour of virgil tripp "tripp industries" place down in Alpine, Tx and got to play with some of his projects also.. Was pretty awesome. I would like to check out STI sometime. Amazing guns... Some of them are just tooo sweet to describe.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    The actual tours run on Thursday at 9 but if u go there to drop off a firearm I'm sure they wi give you the nickel tour

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Dropped her off due to gunsmithing problems I had some sites put on and it was a disaster but the shop manned up and had me take it to sti to get er like new I talk to the smith that was working on it and he said it should be done early this week.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    cool... I've heard that if you have any kind of problems that you can just drop it off and they'll take care of it.. My sites are a little off, I haven't tried to adjust them, and I thought about letting them do it so I don't screw anything up..

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    The folks at SI are a class act. I have yet to visit in person but the one time I needed warranty work they were awesome. Any time I call with questions they take time to answer my questions and even fill me in on interesting items I may not have heard. A great Texas company.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    when i lived in California i always drooled over STI's in magazines since STI's are not sold in CA. (well, there are SOME pretty rare occasions one pops up but for a LOT of money)... When i moved to TX last year the first gun i bought as a Texas resident was an STI Trojan 6" 9mm.

Im dreaming of one of their high capacity models next but their new fixed barrel 9mm is really intriguing.. almost like an HK p7 in 1911 form. I would love to visit the factory, i think I am like 1.5hrs away... i would love to see their facilities....

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I've seen a lot of STI guns in IPSC. They are really cool guns. I almost wish I was a hardcore 1911 guy so I could get one. I just recently bought my first 1911, because everyone needs a 1911. But they just don't thrill me. I'm a DA/SA guy.

All that said, I'd love to take the tour. Sounds like cool shit.

Top Bottom