• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hi to everybody, Am Hanns from Manila, Philippines. Just paid for my new GP6 this afternoon. Hoping to pick it up next week when all the papers are done, Thank you guys for discussing this pistol in this forum. This influenced me a lot in deciding to buy this gun. There is a lot of reviews praising this new baby. I am using now my Para Ord SX14.45X Limited edition, Glock 18 Full auto with compensator and Arminius .38 Special revolver. I also have both the Franchi SPAS 12 and the latest SPAS 15 magazine fed shotguns.

Thanks for joining us Hans! Wow, I am amazed to have so many people from different countries here. I think it's cool! It sounds like you have a lot of fun toys.
    Capitol Armory ad

hanns31

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Manila, Philippines
    Thanks for welcoming me. Although we came from different races, creed and religion... although we dont have the same skin colors, we gun lovers are bounded by common hobby and interest. Where else can we get an honest-to-goodness evaluation (both positive and negative) of the guns we are interested in.... but to all the members of this forum who already owned or tested the GP6.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for welcoming me. Although we came from different races, creed and religion... although we dont have the same skin colors, we gun lovers are bounded by common hobby and interest. Where else can we get an honest-to-goodness evaluation (both positive and negative) of the guns we are interested in.... but to all the members of this forum who already owned or tested the GP6.

I think you will like it! :) They are nice guns and very accurate too.

Mrs.Monk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Hi y'all. Just a quick intro and a question.

I live in Georgia and am a stay at home mom of four wee ones. They keep me pretty busy but I make to the range as often as possible.

I got my GP6 in December and am loving it. However, the whole holster thing has me pretty frustrated. I have tried the recommended ones but, well, with curves and whatnot they just don't seem to work well for me. This is currently my primary carry piece (working on a custom 1911 but it's not here yet). Is anyone making holsters specifically for the GP6 yet?

Thanks!
    Mrs.Monk

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Brian Hoffner of Hoffnerstactical.com has made us at shiloh GP6 holsters. paddle, IWB j-hooks, etc. they used my personal GP6 since STI never got one to them. we have a few in stock that i would be able to ship to you, PM me for details.

cryptis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I've been thinking about getting a STI GP6 and haven't been able to find one locally. (Ironic since STI is less than an hour from the house)
    Other guns under consideration are the Beretta PX4 storm (.40 possibly) or maybe a Cougar. (I like the rotating barrel concept.) I've been able to put hands on a Cougar and a Px4, Cougar seemed heavy (non-polymer) and the PX4 seemed better, but top heavy (for obvious reasons).

Has anyone shot (or at least handled) 2 or all three of these guns to provide a comparison?

Thanks,
    R. McDonald

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I own all three of those rotating barreled pistols.
    Bought the Stoegar first, then the Beretta...and after following the K100 thru international import to STI (for 2 years) ...then the Incredible GP6.

The GP6 is So VERY Much better than the others for the reasons you've mentioned, and many others, that I'm selling my Beretta and Stoegar.

It is THAT Much Better!
    The others are good, but not near the exceptional pistol that the GP6 is (expectially with the awesome litle factory trigger job!!)

Get one, you will Never be sorry...and be among us hear that praise it for so Very many reasons!!!

dS

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Yes red, it is. That's why you shoot a GP6. Or an Edge, or Ranger II, whatever. The Seal loves his GP6 as much as we despise Sigma's, STI-slaying Kel-Tec's, etc. Or as much as I love my P220, which, surprisingly, doesn't equal how much I hate the Sigma. Or the Kel-Tec. Anyway, as everyone else has alluded to, this gun DOES make you look at least 10% better looking while carrying or just shooting. Just look at red before and after. You be the judge.

cryptis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Thank ya'll for your input on this, I think I will most likely go with the GP6. I've called around to a few of the distributors listed on STI's website and none of them have them in stock. I called STI and they don't have any for sale (although they apparently may have a demo only model) as they are waiting on their next shipment from overseas. One of the distributors said April.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Yes, Htxred
    The "feel in the hand" (ergonomics) is WAY better than my Stoegar. The GP6 lighter weight is better than it is also.

And after you factor in the great accuracy and AWESOMELY Sweet light factory trigger job....the GP6 is far and away better overall than both.

IMO

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    The hype was right on, the GP6 shoots like a dream. I have never been a fan of polymer pistols, but it only took half a mag at Shiloh and I went straight out to the counter and bought one. The reset on this thing is awesome, almost like my Kimbers. I really hope they they come out with one in .40

Mrs.Monk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    GP6 Problem

While shooting my GP6 last week the pin that holds the ambi-slide release in place starting working loose. Called STI and they said they were aware of the problem. I could either send it in or have a gunsmith fix it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    mrs. monk,
    we ran into that problem on a few of the guns, i found a way to "fix" it, to the point where you dont have to send it back... the replacement part is suppose to be in route sometime second quarter.

you can have your gunsmith fix it by doing the following;

push the pin out, put rough the pin up with a file of some sort since the pin is tension held, roughing up the outside will help.

take the guiderod out and add a little bit of red locktite into the pin hole.

then reinstall, wipe away excess locktite and let sit for a day or two. this is the method i've used and all is well...

Mrs.Monk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    mrs. monk,
    we ran into that problem on a few of the guns, i found a way to "fix" it, to the point where you dont have to send it back... the replacement part is suppose to be in route sometime second quarter.

you can have your gunsmith fix it by doing the following;

push the pin out, put rough the pin up with a file of some sort since the pin is tension held, roughing up the outside will help.

take the guiderod out and add a little bit of red locktite into the pin hole.

then reinstall, wipe away excess locktite and let sit for a day or two. this is the method i've used and all is well...

Great! Thanks for the info.

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    I've got about 200 rounds through my new model without a hiccup, and will be shooting my first IPSC match of the season tomorrow. I swapped out the factory sights with the fiber optic front and Dynamic rear.

So far, I've had no issues with the slide stop pin trying to move.

mghtythor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Does anyone's gp6 pop or click when in DA when you first lay your finger on the trigger ??? You can feel it when it happens, seems to be inside the frame near the trigger assembly... is this normal ???

GP6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I've got about 200 rounds through my new model without a hiccup, and will be shooting my first IPSC match of the season tomorrow. I swapped out the factory sights with the fiber optic front and Dynamic rear.

So far, I've had no issues with the slide stop pin trying to move.

Where did you get your FO and Dynamic sights? How much did you get them for?

Canuck223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Where did you get your FO and Dynamic sights? How much did you get them for?

I ordered them from the Canadian Importer of STI guns and parts, Freedom Ventures.

If STI don't have any in stock, you can order direct from Slovakia.

IIRC, they set me back around $150 after tax and shipping.

Top Bottom