• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theblakester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Austin, Tx
    Looking for input on these scopes. Steiner T5xi 3-15x50 w/34mm main tube FFP. And the Zeiss Conquest 3-18x50 w/30 mm main tube SFP. Also open to other options in that price range.
    Scope will live on a Remington 700 AAC-SD 20” .308 used to get into long range shooting. Local range goes out to 600 yards. Will eventually be looking to get out past that on a couple friends/family properties. Not interested in competition shooting. I could end up hunting with it, but the main purpose is to learn to make correct windage and bullet drop adjustments with a given load and learn to shrink group sizes over time with said load. I don’t reload, but I might eventually. I know this will help group sizes a lot and I may also wind up doing other things to the rifle to help with group sizes too. But for now I would like some unbiased help on glass for the rig. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    The Steiner is a solid scope. I've never messed with the ziess. Something to keep in mind is ffp isn't for everyone in hunting scenarios. I personally don't mind it at all where others can't stand it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom