• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twobravo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Tulsa
    All I know is, over the years several states have dropped the requirement for state vehicle inspections. When I first started driving, my home state of Kentucky didn’t have vehicle “safety” inspections and then they did (for many years) and now they don’t {again}. That tells me, it was something that sounded good at the time but apparently the statistics didn’t bear it out long term. I suspect accidents/injuries/deaths from drunk driving make everything else pale in insignificance.

I agree with stopping the exstorsion because it’s nothing but a racket! Although in Oklahoma we do have a lot of junkass cars and trucks running around that should in no way be on the road! Bumpers missing taillights hanging off, windshields smashed so badly that they have to look out the window to see. Pretty ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    In a city which required vehicle inspections, I've seen cars with two space saver spare tires drive past me at interstate speeds. The inspections don't accomplish anything other than increased money for the governments.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    that's because most people, including myself, won't allow an inspector to even sit on our bikes.
    I did have one once have me perform a brake test while he watched, but usually they don't even check the tire tread depth on my bike.
    Heh, I took the MSF safety course in WA before we left. One of the requirements was a panic stop. You had to enter a box at a minimum speed (60 mph?) and then stop within the box. One guy in my group they failed. He was pissed and went to try again, getting his back wheel off the pavement. The first "stoppie" I witnessed in person. Good times.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I agree with stopping the exstorsion because it’s nothing but a racket! Although in Oklahoma we do have a lot of junkass cars and trucks running around that in no way be on the road! Bumpers missing taillights hanging off, windshields smashed so badly that they have to look out the window to see. Pretty ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    when people can'texercise personal responsibility or be accountable to make sure their vehicle is safe to operate then someone will step in to make sure they do personally i don't care if their vehicle is unsafe and they kill or injure themselves butmany timeslike drunk drivers they end up killing or injuring innocent people!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    My Mustang gets a headlight flash and a horn toot. Then I pay $7 this is good for 4-5 years.

Mine doesn't even GET inspected.

Front.jpg

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    when people can'texercise personal responsibility or be accountable to make sure their vehicle is safe to operate then someone will step in to make sure they do personally i don't care if their vehicle is unsafe and they kill or injure themselves butmany timeslike drunk drivers they end up killing or injuring innocent people!
    Part of the problem in today's world, some people don't take responsibility, it's the other guys fault.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Plus they’ll hit you with a penalty (fine) when you go to get the registration renewed. The only hope of getting out of that is to tell them the car has been up on blocks in your garage and not been driven on the streets.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Hey, fellers, speaking of which, what is the grace period on getting these upated? Mine is getting close.
    View attachment 403073
    I always get a NO TICKET endorsement on the renewal receipt.
    I have 9 cars that get moved around on insurance and tags.
    Cars just seem to 'follow-me-home' like 'puppies'!

Last edited:

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Just kinda stumbled across this one, but it's good news for once. Looks like the leg. passed a bill that repeals the annual vehicle inspection requirement in Texas.

House Bill 3297

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    As of 06/01/2023 the following counites will continue testing emission systems yearly. More may be added. If by some miracle a county meets the standard they could be removed from the non-compliant list.

Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis and Williamson​

Top Bottom