• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Well more or less. So I live on the outside middle of a corner cul de sac and have a fairly long drive way that has two trucks and a car parked in it usually. Woke up this morning to see a sign on one of the trucks that says no parking over the sidewalk (along with most of our neighbors that have 3+ vehicles).

Roommate spent an hour on the phone today with Hutto pd and was told no exceptions $40 fine a day for any vehicle even slightly crossing the sidewalk. Turns out a new state law just hit this month that basically expands a city's easement rights. The state basically cut our freaking driveway in half, more or less stealing my property or at least regulating it out of its primary purpose.

Definitely going to be finding out who signed this asinine bill and making a few phone calls. Seriously with the amount of vehicles us and our immediate neighbors have well have the street clogged real quick forcing us to park on the side of a house down the street. Kind wishing I didn't live in a subdivision now.

City told us we could always pay them to permit a driveway add-on and of course pay for more concrete and pay to have it inspected. Smells like this thing was envisioned as a local jurisdiction cash trap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Guns International

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    It's sad, there's several parts of my subdivision where I know a good stretch of the road has driveways full and therefore the street will be even more full once this is fully enforced. I can only imagine the nightmare when one of my neighbors has a big BBQ, which happens often.

ShootingTheBull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Laws are made, laws can be changed. Take photos, show 'em what's going to happen in your neighborhood. Maybe they'll listen and change it. Maybe they won't, of course, but then you're no worse off for having tried, are you?

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Laws are made, laws can be changed. Take photos, show 'em what's going to happen in your neighborhood. Maybe they'll listen and change it. Maybe they won't, of course, but then you're no worse off for having tried, are you?

Pretty much exactly my plan, before and after photos.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    I have to make some assumptions here. Is there an existing sidewalk? If so, what changed. You did not own anything the other side of it anyways. Also, did your truck/car impede people using the sidewalk? If so, why? what is more important. Keeping kids, people walking etc from having to step into the road or off onto your property to get around the vehicle or having the vehicle closer to your front door.

Not parking across the driveway has almost always been a offense. One of the ones, I believe to have a good reason. It keeps cars from interfering with walkers or causing them to have to enter the roadway to pass, it also makes for an easier sight line when you are driving down a residential street. Easier to spot the kids playing in driveways or drivers who may pull out in front of you.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have to make some assumptions here. Is there an existing sidewalk? If so, what changed. You did not own anything the other side of it anyways. Also, did your truck/car impede people using the sidewalk? If so, why? what is more important. Keeping kids, people walking etc from having to step into the road or off onto your property to get around the vehicle or having the vehicle closer to your front door.

Not parking across the driveway has almost always been a offense. One of the ones, I believe to have a good reason. It keeps cars from interfering with walkers or causing them to have to enter the roadway to pass, it also makes for an easier sight line when you are driving down a residential street. Easier to spot the kids playing in driveways or drivers who may pull out in front of you.

He says in the OP that he lives on a cul de sac. Pedestrian traffic is a non-issue.

Top Bottom