• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Come out Saturday if you aren’t busy. It’s a lot of fun.

Only thing I’m trying to decide is if I want to wear my old ACUs so I don’t rip my jeans anymore, but at the same time don’t want to look like I’m trying to be “that guy”. It’s also the absolute worst camp pattern ever conceived and would probably stand out a lot more than my usual T shirt and jeans.
    Lol didn't we see a couple"that guy" types in the video? At least one at the end.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol didn't we see a couple"that guy" types in the video? At least one at the end.

Lol

He was actually a pretty cool guy. Just out there having fun. No attitude or “operator” syndrome.

As we were walking out to the fields I noticed he had a rental gun. But he looked like someone who would have a high end magfed marker…so I had to ask.

“What do you usually bring? I know you have something nice at home”

Nope. I bought all this first. I don’t even own my own marker. [laughing]

About a month back when I was there 3 guys showed up decked out in gear and running Magfed Tippman stormers. I have one. It’s good for a low cost option that can take mags or a hopper, but definitely nothing special. 2 were cool. The 3rd got kind of pissy when we got out asses kicked by a group that came in to celebrate a kid turning 13 or 14 with his friends. He was a “that guy”. The other 2 were just there to have fun so I don’t put them in the same group.

The guy you mentions shot me out, but it was my son that got him when he ran out from cover. My kid was so excited about getting him he stood up and started yelling to me that he had got him for me. Then he took a paintball to the face

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Lol

He was actually a pretty cool guy. Just out there having fun. No attitude or “operator” syndrome.

As we were walking out to the fields I noticed he had a rental gun. But he looked like someone who would have a high end magfed marker…so I had to ask.

“What do you usually bring? I know you have something nice at home”

Nope. I bought all this first. I don’t even own my own marker. [laughing]

About a month back when I was there 3 guys showed up decked out in gear and running Magfed Tippman stormers. I have one. It’s good for a low cost option that can take mags or a hopper, but definitely nothing special. 2 were cool. The 3rd got kind of pissy when we got out asses kicked by a group that came in to celebrate a kid turning 13 or 14 with his friends. He was a “that guy”. The other 2 were just there to have fun so I don’t put them in the same group.

The guy you mentions shot me out, but it was my son that got him when he ran out from cover. My kid was so excited about getting him he stood up and started yelling to me that he had got him for me. Then he took a paintball to the face
    I've never done paint ball or airsoft. That said I've seen some guys who look like they were outfitted by a seal team. That stuff can get expensive. I guess you're right that it's the attitude that really makes them that guy. Same thing with gamers. Lol. They think they are there 1 operators cause they played video games a few times.

Laser tag started in the late 80s. We did a bit of that back then.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Idk, at least in the shade it would possibly break up a pattern and somewhat blend.

I’ve been trying to figure out what I did with my old woodland pattern BDUs. Tough and comfortable. And a camp pattern that has a slight chance of offering some sort of concealment.

Food for thought re: patterns. The best pattern is useless unless you breakup the inverted V’s that are natural to humans and unnatural to nature which forms Ys.

Top Bottom