• ...and so much more!
  • RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Dropped it off at the gun shop for bluing today, should have it back in two to three weeks. Just for fun I inquired about high polish, the cost was $500.00 minimum. I went with standard blue thank you very much, standard blue is like the finish on a new Ruger etc. I also asked to have the hammer color case hardened like it originally was, should look real nice. Now back to plinking.
    Texas SOT

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Still waiting, I knew they were busy when I dropped it off and the holidays got in the way too I'm sure. Hopefully I'll hear something from them next week.

duvwxz5.jpg

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Finally received word that it's ready for pickup! Unfortunately I missed the call and they're closed on Sunday and Mondays.:beat: Oh well, I'll see it on Tuesday then. Photos will be forthcoming once it's in my hands.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Standing by for pics.

In addition to pics there will be reliability test results too. I didn't modify it much, but there is the possibility that it may not like the new springs. Only one way to find out, I'm going to pick up some other hollow point brands to try out as well, all in 124 grain. It had no problem feeding the Sigs in stock form.
    8FK4i4U.jpg

Attachments

• 8FK4i4U.jpg
      8FK4i4U.jpg
      179.3 KB · Views: 957

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Maverick44,

Fyi, I talked to a "guy that I know" at J&G & he said that ALL of the BM pistols that they have are in VG or better shape internally & work FINE. - The cheapies just LOOK worse than the others, externally.

I'm tempted to buy one of the cheapies, clean it up & PAINT it with EPOXY APPLIANCE PAINT in "semi-gloss" black & shoot it till it's mechanically worn-out. ====> A very LONG time from now, as these olf STAR pistols are TOUGH as a dollar steak.
    (That epoxy paint, one cured, is hard to get off with sandpaper & thus is VERY TOUGH/DURABLE in regular use. - I've painted any number of AK rifles with it & with excellent results.)

yours, satx

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Maverick44,

Fyi, I talked to a "guy that I know" at J&G & he said that ALL of the BM pistols that they have are in VG or better shape internally & work FINE. - The cheapies just LOOK worse than the others, externally.

I'm tempted to buy one of the cheapies, clean it up & PAINT it with EPOXY APPLIANCE PAINT in "semi-gloss" black & shoot it till it's mechanically worn-out. ====> A very LONG time from now, as these olf STAR pistols are TOUGH as a dollar steak.
    (That epoxy paint, one cured, is hard to get off with sandpaper & thus is VERY TOUGH/DURABLE in regular use. - I've painted any number of AK rifles with it & with excellent results.)

yours, satx

I kind of figured that a lot of these guns were probably carried a lot (well worn) but shot very little. For $150, I can handle some worn bluing and maybe some very minor pitting here and there. I'm on the fence about refinishing one. Depending on how it looks, I might just leave it be. If it's a little too rough for my liking, I might rust blue it. It seems like a lot of them have already been molested before they came over, so I'm not sure they have much historical value anyways.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Maverick44,

ALL of the BM pistols have TWO areas about 2/3 the size of a dime machined away (one circle on the slide & one on the frame) , to removed that emblems of the Spanish Guardia Civil.

IF I do buy one or more, I will fill the importer's "billboard" info, any nicks/gouges/flaws & those machined away circles with epoxy "slow set" (of the kind made to repair gasoline tanks), draw-file & sand the slide flats until the flats are smooth & then paint the pistol with appliance paint.
    (BTW, ONE can of appliance paint will paint 3 AK rifles, so it doesn't take much of it to paint several pistols.)

Note: Once fully cured, appliance paint LOOKS just like the "finish" on CZ75 pistols & imo is MORE durable than the CZ finish.

And NO, as the emblems are GONE, the pistols have little or no collector's value. BUT all of the STAR "B series" are GOOD pistols.
    (IF I could "find a deal" on the full-size STAR "B" pistols that the Spanish Army/Navy used to have, I would buy several, as they shoot Plus P Plus SMG ammo safely. = The Israeli commandos shoot a FAR hotter than SAMMI-spec round in their Star B semi-autos.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Maverick44,

ALL of the BM pistols have TWO areas about 2/3 the size of a dime machined away (one circle on the slide & one on the frame) , to removed that emblems of the Spanish Guardia Civil.

IF I do buy one or more, I will fill the importer's "billboard" info, any nicks/gouges/flaws & those machined away circles with epoxy "slow set" (of the kind made to repair gasoline tanks), draw-file & sand the slide flats until the flats are smooth & then paint the pistol with appliance paint.
    (BTW, ONE can of appliance paint will paint 3 AK rifles, so it doesn't take much of it to paint several pistols.)

Note: Once fully cured, appliance paint LOOKS just like the "finish" on CZ75 pistols & imo is MORE durable than the CZ finish.

And NO, as the emblems are GONE, the pistols have little or no collector's value. BUT all of the STAR "B series" are GOOD pistols.
    (IF I could "find a deal" on the full-size STAR "B" pistols that the Spanish Army/Navy used to have, I would buy several, as they shoot Plus P Plus SMG ammo safely. = The Israeli commandos shoot a FAR hotter than SAMMI-spec round in their Star B semi-autos.)

yours, satx

I too want one the full size Star B's, I suppose I should start looking on Gun Broker.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!
    HqbHh88.jpg

This puts the factory bluing on my Ruger to shame. Seriously, it's more like something you would see on a Wilson Combat pistol. It's flawless and has a dull blue shine just like I wanted. He even did all of my small parts like the grip screws.
    NwWKXjI.jpg

Even the interior of the pistol looks new.
    SqaQRm6.jpg

It's covered in oil and I'm going to leave it that way until the weekend when I start the assembly. By the way, total cost of re-blue $108.00. Now I can buy more bullets! Totally recommend McClelland Gun Shop of Dallas, two thumbs way up!
    R9iqriy.jpg

Attachments

• HqbHh88.jpg
      HqbHh88.jpg
      129.1 KB · Views: 3,016
    • NwWKXjI.jpg
      NwWKXjI.jpg
      84.1 KB · Views: 1,694
    • SqaQRm6.jpg
      SqaQRm6.jpg
      72.5 KB · Views: 1,684
    • R9iqriy.jpg
      R9iqriy.jpg
      106.6 KB · Views: 1,764
    • Wow
    Reactions: MTA

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I too want one the full size Star B's, I suppose I should start looking on Gun Broker.

Red Army,

From time to time vendors, who advertise in FIREARMS NEWS, get a quantity of Star B pistols in for sale & they are often about the same price as a BM.
    (When/IF I see more for sale, I'll send you a PM but only after I buy a pair for me. - CHUCKLE.)

The Star B is heavy enough that, even with HOT 147 grain loads, that it has little recoil & in my experience they are VERY accurate too.

What I'd really like to find a "deal" upon is another nice-condition. pre-WWII, ASTRA military Model 400, like the one that I was STUPID enough to trade off long ago.
    (My 400 had been issued to a German SGT pilot for "volunteer service" with the Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War. - His name, service number & hometown was written in ink inside the holster's flap.)

Note: When I was stationed with the USA in BRD, I sought out/found his Luftwaffe service record & learned that he was KIA on The Eastern Front in 1943, while flying a Fiesler Storch.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Red Army,

WHO did the nice blue job??

I have a 9mm pistol that needs the same treatment.

Name, address, phone number, PLEASE.

yours, satx

Top Bottom