• giphy.gif
      giphy.gif
      2.4 MB · Views: 391

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Guess I'll need to find another thread to learn anything about the Hellcat(except the lack of grip safety)

Here’s what you need to do: think of a P365. Now chop .1” off the grip. Then imagine it with 1 more round in the magazine. Now imagine the P365 XL, it’s optics ready. Scale that down to P365 size. Now you have a hellcat. SA also boasts it has the best striker trigger on the market.

If you really want info go watch the guns America video on YouTube. The guy can’t shoot worth a damn but it’s informative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Here’s what you need to do: think of a P365. Now chop .1” off the grip. Then imagine it with 1 more round in the magazine. Now imagine the P365 XL, it’s optics ready. Scale that down to P365 size. Now you have a hellcat. SA also boasts it has the best striker trigger on the market.

If you really want info go watch the guns America video on YouTube. The guy can’t shoot worth a damn but it’s informative.

Thanks. I don't know why I expected to get any info on a gun forum :(

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Thanks. I don't know why I expected to get any info on a gun forum :(

Hey man at least I gave you a lead to good info! In all actuality I’m not a douche, I just act like one here and there.

There are two versions to this gun. They have an OSP model similar to the XDM from the XD line and a standard model. I have not seen if there is a price difference between the two. I’d imagine around 50-100 bucks. If they release them at the same price that would be surprising. The hellcat is what they are calling the smallest micro 9 on the market. If smaller than the 365 that’s a miracle because that gun is tiny but shoots remarkably well for its size. Until we get the hellcat in our local gun stores and at our local ranges as rentals it’ll be hard to talk on that aspect.

It lends itself to comparison with the 365 for a few reasons. The first being the overall size of the gun. It’s .1” shorter I believe. At least that’s what I thought I read. SA also took a jab at sig for their reliability. In their unveiling of the new weapon, they said that took the time to put it thru it’s paces for around 20000 rounds during R&D. If you read between the lines that’s a jab at Sig for rushing the 365 to market. The only ones I’ve seen so far that are optic read have had a shield RMSw or RMSc on top of it. If I were to buy one I’d mount an RMR on it. I’m curious to see what that would look like.

While I’m not a fan of SA for reasons mentioned above (don’t want to start that conversation again... and y’all got way too much time to argue), if the gun is a knockout and shoots like a dream I’d look into finding one from someone on here or somewhere else second hand.

Better?

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    SA also boasts it has the best striker trigger on the market.

Bullshit.

Canik and Sig have much better triggers than SA. I just bought a XDM 45 Competition. The trigger was long, gritty, and mushy. The reset is huge. The Canik ONE I bought the month before was crisp and had a reset of about 2 mm.

My Sig P365 is smooth with no stacking. Just pull through and bang.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Walther has the best trigger in a striker fired gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Bullshit.

Canik and Sig have much better triggers than SA. I just bought a XDM 45 Competition. The trigger was long, gritty, and mushy. The reset is huge. The Canik ONE I bought the month before was crisp and had a reset of about 2 mm.

My Sig P365 is smooth with no stacking. Just pull through and bang.

My first gun was an XD. I thought the trigger was good. Then I picked up a Glock and the Glock trigger was better than the XD. Then I found out about how people said Glock triggers sucked and canola were good. Then I picked up a canik and it was worlds Better. Then I picked up a 365 and loved the trigger on that gun. I just hated shooting it because I have big mitts and didn’t like how snappy it was. So I sold it. That’s my one regret. I shouldn’t have sold that gun.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    FWIW, I can be snobbish about triggers but I’ve also found that I can shoot just fine with triggers I don’t like (or could back when I was shooting pistols regularly).

SR9 trigger feels gritty but I shot it just as well as any other. Glock trigger feels like a half melted marshmallow stuffed with gooey boogers but I shot it just as well as any other. XDm trigger was meh but shot it just as well as any other.

If I were just shooting and not actively trying to feel for faults in a trigger, it just didn’t seem to matter that much.

I’ve shot 1911s that had great triggers with worse results than I’ve gotten from guns with mediocre triggers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    SR9 trigger feels gritty but I shot it just as well as any other. Glock trigger feels like a half melted marshmallow stuffed with gooey boogers but I shot it just as well as any other. XDm trigger was meh but shot it just as well as any other.
    I've got an SR9c and with ever so slight polishing that grit cleaned up really nicely. For a striker, it actually has a pretty decent feel. It was one of my pleasant surprises.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Hey man at least I gave you a lead to good info! In all actuality I’m not a douche, I just act like one here and there.

There are two versions to this gun. They have an OSP model similar to the XDM from the XD line and a standard model. I have not seen if there is a price difference between the two. I’d imagine around 50-100 bucks. If they release them at the same price that would be surprising. The hellcat is what they are calling the smallest micro 9 on the market. If smaller than the 365 that’s a miracle because that gun is tiny but shoots remarkably well for its size. Until we get the hellcat in our local gun stores and at our local ranges as rentals it’ll be hard to talk on that aspect.

It lends itself to comparison with the 365 for a few reasons. The first being the overall size of the gun. It’s .1” shorter I believe. At least that’s what I thought I read. SA also took a jab at sig for their reliability. In their unveiling of the new weapon, they said that took the time to put it thru it’s paces for around 20000 rounds during R&D. If you read between the lines that’s a jab at Sig for rushing the 365 to market. The only ones I’ve seen so far that are optic read have had a shield RMSw or RMSc on top of it. If I were to buy one I’d mount an RMR on it. I’m curious to see what that would look like.

While I’m not a fan of SA for reasons mentioned above (don’t want to start that conversation again... and y’all got way too much time to argue), if the gun is a knockout and shoots like a dream I’d look into finding one from someone on here or somewhere else second hand.

Better?

Ha...My comment wasn't directed at you in particular :)
    Just a notice that a 6+page thread had very little information about the topic ;)
    Went sideways in a hurry, as they say. It's all good and thanks for your insight on the Hellcat. Cheers

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Ha...My comment wasn't directed at you in particular :)
    Just a notice that a 6+page thread had very little information about the topic ;)
    Went sideways in a hurry, as they say. It's all good and thanks for your insight on the Hellcat. Cheers

I felt it was and got butt hurt for a second. I think the gun will be something special

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I'll probably end up getting one. I'm not as educated as most of you and don't really have a brand to be loyal to. I go to ranges and test what I am interested in. The fact that SA guns have always worked for me and work better than others for me could be a total fluke but like I said, they work for me. I only own 2 SA guns now, a XD9 mod 2 subcompact for carry and a XDM OSP 9 for night stand duty. Both of these guns feel like cheating. I am a fairly new shooter and shouldn't be as accurate as I am. I really feel like the gun has something to do with it. I was looking for something lighter and smaller to carry. I was headed to the range on free rental day to try the P365, P365XL, G43, G43X and XDS mod 2. I can wait to try this Hellcat. I'll buy the one that shoots the best in my hand regardless of brand.

Top Bottom