• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Good luck w/that - have a feeling there's a coupla "shipping charges" to be added....plus the FFL fees. If ya look, everyone else is higher - not to mention that if you click on through to the order page, they don't give ya a total until you put in all your pay info - AND they warn that it's "likely" to be out of stock.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Oh - an' read the rest of the fine print.....

Notice that if you want to return it because, say, there's a cosmetic defect - you're going to be out a minimum of 25% restock/open box fees - they also "recommend" that you get the insurance - because their liability ends at the point that they ship it - so ANYTHING that's wrong w/it is your problem. That's one of the big reasons I really am leery of ordering via the net on stuff like this.

If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) request within 10 business days of the receipt of the product. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it, offer you store credit, or offer you a refund, less 10% restocking fee, based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned within 10 business days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 15% open box fee in addition to the 10% restocking fee (totaling 25%) will be assessed on any sealed product that is opened or removed from its original packaging.

Please note that we do not permit the return of the following products:
    1. Special orders and products that are custom configured to your specifications.
    2. Products sold "as is" or "used" or that have been installed or used after receipt.
    3. NFA items that require ATF Transfer after the start of paperwork.
    4. Illumination devices, electronic sights, optics and night vision equipment.

NOTE: We recommend that you use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns, and either insure your package for safe return or declare the full value of the shipment so that you are protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit. If you chose not to use a carrier that offers tracking and insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers limited tracking capabilities and that there is a 30-calendar-day waiting period before USPS will initiate a trace. The customer is responsible for shipping charges both ways on returns, as well as for shipping charges on shipments that are

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    ROFL!! Glad you liked that Redneck! :-)

Normally I wouldn't have flinched at the deal, but I thought that the timing couldn't be better.

Have a good'ern guys! I'm gonna go have a Nigerian pizza!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I believe that is is the seller's obligation to deliver the merchandise in as described condition. If they don't insure it and it is lost/damaged/stolen in transit it is there responsibility. The shipper is their agent, not the buyers.

However, I would never buy from those folks.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Damn, TXI....you're finally wrong on one.....<G>

Standard Business Practices say that at the point of delivery to, or pick up of, an item by a courier/transporter/carrier, the item is the property of the buyer, and all responsibility is theirs. That's why I *never* buy something of significant value w/o insuring it, and why I'm always leery of purchasing high-dollar items via internet/mail order. There was an incident years ago where at least one online seller was buying defective merchandise and selling it KNOWING it was defective, betting that most folks wouldn't bother with returning it, and those that did would end up paying more in fees than what the reseller had paid for the stuff to begin with, so nothing to lose. They'd have likely gotten away with it, except that one customer that ordered one told his extended family about the "great deal", and they all ordered one, only to have them ALL come in defective. He managed to get the USPS Postal Inspectors involved in the case, and they busted 'em on it. Of course, it didn't hurt that the guy happened to BE a USPS Inspector....lol!

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Hoot.

After try'n for two in as many days, and missing twice (by hours or minutes) - I'm outa the hunt.

Last poster is correct regarding FOB liability. But forcing your point'd make for one extremely expensive. Easily much more expensive than $175 to recover the same. The seller knows this and won't get my business because I have options which are more satisfying.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Damn, TXI....you're finally wrong on one.....<G>

Standard Business Practices say that at the point of delivery to, or pick up of, an item by a courier/transporter/carrier, the item is the property of the buyer, and all responsibility is theirs.

Understand, but doesn't the seller have an obligation to deliver the item in an as described condition? For example, you buy an expensive vase from me and I ship it via UPS by just sticking it in a box with no packing materials. It arrives broken to pieces, of course. I have a valid claim for said broken vase, do I not?

Also, the buyer does not buy shipping insurance, does he? Oh, the seller may charge for insurance, but the seller actually purchases the insurance and the Shipper gets the money if the item is destroyed in transit, no?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Understand, but doesn't the seller have an obligation to deliver the item in an as described condition? For example, you buy an expensive vase from me and I ship it via UPS by just sticking it in a box with no packing materials. It arrives broken to pieces, of course. I have a valid claim for said broken vase, do I not?

Also, the buyer does not buy shipping insurance, does he? Oh, the seller may charge for insurance, but the seller actually purchases the insurance and the Shipper gets the money if the item is destroyed in transit, no?

It's going to be between you and the freight company. While they'll have a responsibility to package it in a reasonable manner, it will turn into a pissing contest - and you're gonna be in the middle. And the point of delivery IS the point that the freight/carrier company picks it up. The buyer is responsible for arranging for shipping insurance w/the seller. They'll buy it for you - but as your agent. Any losses are payable to the buyer, NOT the seller.

Badfish

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    San Antonio,TX
    Best thing ive found with shipping and receiving stuff is get the insurance and require a signature when you receive stuff. When the ups guys brings it to you, inspect it first before signing for it. If its damage then refuse it and you aren't stuck with it.

You still have to battle getting your money back but at least it shows that the item was refused do to being damaged ect.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    In the mix - FOB (free on board) can be negotiated at the time a deal is struck. It is also commonly associated with a terms deal. The savvy buyer can negotiate FOB Buyer 2% 10 Net 30 (code for payment due 30 days after receipt and acceptance by the buyer, but a 2% discount is offered if payment is made within 10 days of acceptance). You aren't going to negotiate a deal like this as an individual, but ... most online sellers with good ratings offer a couple days for inspection to help defray the internet crapstorm the unhappy, if juvenile, buyer can unleash. Even when the rampant buyer is eventually satisfied, they cannot stop the runaway train they unleashed.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I used to work inside sales and the term FOB (free on board) is only part of the statement. The correct, whole statement is FOB our dock- meaning shipping is on your nickle from our place to yours. FOB your dock- we pay shipping to your dock. FOB Houston- drop shipped from the manufacturer in Houston. You pay shipping from MFG dock to your place.

If I quote something FOB your (customer) dock, all shipping charges are included. I research the charges and add that to my quote.

You may request FOB my dock (supplier) in which case, we ship it and all shipping charges from here are due upon product receipt.

Some companies will only authorize a single price for a product to be purchased. In that case, you submit an FOB your dock estimate. That's pretty smart as many companies have multiple distribution centers or regional shipping centers. The worst case would be if you order 10 items, each item may come from 10 different centers resulting in 10 shipping charges. I was beaten to death on shipping charges a time or two! Shipping costs skyrocket!

We purchased and received huge equipment like 2000 horsepower electric motors. Tabs on shipping are huge! Mistakes in giving or receiving price quotes can be a disaster!

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom