• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm not sure if it was indeed spray wax, but I bought a new Chevy Truck last week and the make ready guys out something on it that made the paint feel slick because I dove it 200 miles home from the metroplex and of course there were bugs on the leading edge of the hood and grill.
    But I was able to take a soft cloth and most of it wiped off.
    Its like they didnt stick to the paint

I've since washed it and whatever it was they put on there is mostly gone now but I'd like to know what product it was.

I'm going to ask my salesman if he would find out but I thought someone here would know
    Hurley's Gold

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    I'm not sure if it was indeed spray wax, but I bought a new Chevy Truck last week and the make ready guys out something on it that made the paint feel slick because I dove it 200 miles home from the metroplex and of course there were bugs on the leading edge of the hood and grill.
    But I was able to take a soft cloth and most of it wiped off.
    Its like they didnt stick to the paint

I've since washed it and whatever it was they put on there is mostly gone now but I'd like to know what product it was.

I'm going to ask my salesman if he would find out but I thought someone here would know

They may classify it as a trade secret and have to kill you if they told you.

If not, I would like to know as it would make keeping the Harley a bit neater after a ride.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Get this stuff. Not crazy expensive like some brands and works as good or better. I've been using it for a couple of years.

almartimages.com%2Fasr%2F6f9abe92-3e3a-4fe9-a475-06e81902a951_1.e85b2b0b26de2be56aa9e027425ab99d.jpg

Attachments

• almartimages.com%2Fasr%2F6f9abe92-3e3a-4fe9-a475-06e81902a951_1.e85b2b0b26de2be56aa9e027425ab99d.jpg
      almartimages.com%2Fasr%2F6f9abe92-3e3a-4fe9-a475-06e81902a951_1.e85b2b0b26de2be56aa9e027425ab99d.jpg
      201.3 KB · Views: 315

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    In my experience, spray wax is decent, just short-lived. But it’s so easy to apply, you can get good life out of it by frequent re-application after a wash.

But generally speaking, any wax lasts longer in a prepped surface, and is more effective as well.

If you run your hand over the paint and it’s smooth as glass, they likely clay-barred it, then put some wax over the top of it.

Re-applying product before it wears out - revealing pores in paint that dirt gets trapped in - is key to maintaining that “just waxed” look and feel.

Could it be the "new" ceramics? I heard the new ceramic wax protects better.

That stuff is pricey, it’s a lot of work to prep the paint, then the product has to get applied.

I’d imagine the seller would tout as a selling point it and charge for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Pronstar is correct. The vast majority of those spray on wax products that are easily applied and then wiped off, are very short lived. That is why a properly detailed vehicle, when done with top quality products is very expensive.

Also you need to take into consideration the vehicle, in where it's kept and how it's used, to pick the correct products for your vehicle, and your time and committment to the upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Pronstar is correct. The vast majority of those spray on wax products that are easily applied and then wiped off, are very short lived. That is why a properly detailed vehicle, when done with top quality products is very expensive.

Also you need to take into consideration the vehicle, in where it's kept and how it's used, to pick the correct products for your vehicle, and your time and committment to the upkeep and maintenance of the vehicle.

I just want to buy that spray wax man...I didnt want to have to make a spreadsheet to calculate if I wanted that or not...you're making it too hard dammit!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I just want to buy that spray wax man...I didnt want to have to make a spreadsheet to calculate if I wanted that or not...you're making it too hard dammit!

Well, I did do paint and bodywork for some number of years. There were lots of products we used that weren't available to the average consumer.

And to be honest, the technology of the products being sold today, far eclipse what was available years ago.

Hit a few car shows and see what those people are using. They are usually a good source for what works and what doesn't, and the ease of use of the products.

Top Bottom