• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Spent all day in kudu country in the mountains. Climbed 207 stories, 7.3 miles and 18k steps

Looks like we will have rain sat and sun so I will only be hunting again on monday which is my last hunting day unfortunately

Trying to get kudu, impala or springbok. We will see what monday holds
    DK Firearms

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    You are going to have one huge taxidermy bill......

Glad you are having fun!
    Actually it may be on the smaller side this time.

Blesbok
    Black Wildebeest
    Gemsbok

Are all euros, the zebra is a felted rug

If I get a kudu it will be a wall pedestal depending on if its a biggun. If not a euro then. Impala or springbok will probably be shoulder mounts

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    MYA,

Did you know this kind of hunting would be so grueling?

Or, did you know and exercised like a demon well before you left?

Bet you have little trouble sleeping 'bwana'...

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Spent all day in kudu country in the mountains. Climbed 207 stories, 7.3 miles and 18k steps

Looks like we will have rain sat and sun so I will only be hunting again on monday which is my last hunting day unfortunately

Trying to get kudu, impala or springbok. We will see what monday holds
    Kudu like to hide their horns in tree branches. Impala seemed very abundant everywhere I hunted. Springbok your most likely back hunting in the hills you took your Blesbuck.

I'm surprised you din't shoot a Nyala as they are very handsome critters. The first year safari while up by the border, they had a Nyala buck inside the fence of the ranch house lodge & rondovels. It had an eye infection & they were trying to treat it. Twice a day the ranch hand had to rodeo it & give it its eye drops. That was always entertaining. Ones night after a good amount of gin & tonics I spotted it over by my rondovel. I ended up sitting down & watching if for about an hour. It had a slow rocking movement like a chameleon, and moved its neck hair the same way. It was like watching plants moving in the wind.

This was the place that had a baby warthog for a pet. They also had a male pit bull, that that baby warthog tried nursing on the dogs pecker. That was pretty entertaining too. Later they put an ear tag on it so no one would shoot it. That warthog ran off and was hid for the last days we spent there. Lots of fond memories of hunting in Africa.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Actually it may be on the smaller side this time.

Blesbok
    Black Wildebeest
    Gemsbok

Are all euros, the zebra is a felted rug

If I get a kudu it will be a wall pedestal depending on if its a biggun. If not a euro then. Impala or springbok will probably be shoulder mounts
    Springbok would look killer full body in the running/jumping posed, like the sports teams logo.

While I wished that I felted my zebra I figured it all a long wall mount. I see my hunting partners both have their rugs spilled upon & cigarette burned. One had a candled knocked over on it spilling wax & burn I spot.

I had a bunch of tanned back skins the I have been slowly throwing away.

Have the tail of your black wildebeest made into a fly swatter, mine even cracked in half.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I forgot to mention watching an Impala & Kudo sparring with their horns. I guess both were in rut. The kudu was a big bodied young bull & the impala was pretty nice.

You should ask if the jackels are free for the shooting. Baboons were free to kill but you had to pay for them getting skinned out.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    MYA,

Did you know this kind of hunting would be so grueling?

Or, did you know and exercised like a demon well before you left?

Bet you have little trouble sleeping 'bwana'...
    I had a general expectation that it would be a workout due to the terrain but I workout 4 days a week and walk a few miles everyday. I consider myself in pretty good shape but elevation is always a problem since there is none in my neck of the woods

This is the last 4 days for me
    IMG_5536.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Nah but the rain has stopped. Tomorrow we start at 530 for kudu. I get to climb up a small mountain to a plateau top so we can thermal and glass for them in the valley below
    So then set up an ambush, find tracks & then stalker or ride around until the are at hand?

So are you thinking about your return safari?

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yea I climbed up kudu mountain and stalked around it for miles. On the mountain opposite of us, a big bull was working his way down across to us. I had him at 388 yards but he quickly ran off. We continued stalking across this rock ledge that was about 50 feet to the top of the mountain which was a plateau. Finally setup on this giant after awhile. I was lobsided on a steep decline hunched over my rifle on shooting sticks for about 30 minutes until he walked out. I saw the horns first and had some buck fever but I smashed him right and I recovered the bullet, 175gr barnes lrx

IMG_5616.jpeg
    IMG_5672.jpeg

Top Bottom