• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    In cases like going to the ER, which maybe crosses a line between public and private (you often don't choose to go to a hospital) there needs to be some kind of good faith exception. Common sense would say if you're in an accident, take an ambulance ride to the hospital, and you have your EDC on you that it should be no big deal. Unfortunately, we've seen overzealous prosecutors put people away for minor offenses in order to bolster their stats. Maybe not quite as common in Texas, but it would be a real concern.

Just FYI, there are policies/procedures for this with almost every EMS agency and every ER. It most likely will involve the police taking possession of your weapon, giving you a report number, and you coming down and claiming it back from them.

Please, please please let your medics know (if you're conscious) that you need to secure your weapon somewhere and they'll make sure it's done. Depending on the medic and their familiarity with firearms, they may or may not clear it vs. handing it to law enforcement (if they're on scene). Almost every EMS unit has a safe/locked cabinet of some sort good for temporary storage until final disposition can be made.

If you're unconscious, altered, etc., then you didn't have the requisite state of mind to commit a crime. Again, every ER has a procedure to handle this, especially for patients being transported by EMS. It's more common than you'd think (and yes, unfortunately, some are found during x-ray/CT scans).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Only if someone is willing to put forth enough effort to learn to read ;)

IN this era, I don't believe illiteracy is an excuse, unless we also make laziness an excuse.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Only if someone is willing to put forth enough effort to learn to read ;)

IN this era, I don't believe illiteracy is an excuse, unless we also make laziness an excuse.

Legal blindness. Carrying for "physical distance" self protection.

Just playing London, I mean Devil's Advocate.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Makes a good point, but how would you have taken the LTC test? :)

In all seriousness, is there an accommodation for illiteracy?

That actually was put there because I deleted a post I had written, after I realized I the other post completely wrong, lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Legal blindness. Carrying for "physical distance" self protection.

Just playing London, I mean Devil's Advocate.

I would never use such disability as an excuse to restrict someones right, but I hope I'm not to close when they exercise that right in self defense, lol.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So should we also require Braille for 30.06 and 30.07 to be fair?

Where would you place such a sign in order to insure it was "felt"?

I would say signage would not constitute legal notice to someone who was legally blind due to obvious reasons.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    So should we also require Braille for 30.06 and 30.07 to be fair?

Better yet, loudspeakers on a loop, at a volume to make the audio distinguishable from the farthest parking spot in the lot from the business and over the noise of adjacent traffic, reading the applicable 30.06/07 language word for word in English and Spanish (and, if any local school offers bilingual education in another language, that language as well, e.g. Vietnamese in Austin/Pflugerville).

Every store wishing to prohibit carry by signage must also have these loudspeakers on and repeating during any/all open business hours.

Furthermore, should such loudspeakers violate any noise ordinance, the store must choose between paying the fine to violate the ordinance each day or not posting. :)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Y'all bein ridiculous.

Good way to look at this. Anything you remove from someone else's property rights gets removed from your own. You remove their ability to regulate who does or does't enter property, you remove your own right to do the same. You force multiple stipulations for someone to be denied access or removed, you face the same.

I don't believe there is any difference between a house on private property and a business on private property. Any difference perceived today is simply do to violations of property rights in the name of political correctness and "fairness ". We have let things go way to far and we have a choice to reverse this course and restore rights, or get on the liberal bandwagon and help destroy them, destroying any arguments we have used in defense of our rights in the process.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Counterpoint

1. A sign on government property does disarms you the same way a sign on private property does.

2. If the item you need is essential i.e. emergency medical care, then you do not have a choice. You cannot simply go.somewhere else can you? You are not choosing to go. You have to go to the ER. Or die.

www.AtomicLabRat.com
    1. Government property was specifically excluded in my argument. However, I agree government buildings should not be able to prevent my carry.

2. There are provisions for that if you're being taken. If you're taking yourself, you are choosing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Assuming it's something other than carry:

Do you feel your right to kick someone out of your house for _______ no longer exists because government didn't create a sign for you to use?

Do you feel it infringes on your property right to have to verbally tell them to leave for _______?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GiantLoomis
    Top Bottom