• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Posted this on a fishing forum and received the expected range of responses. Thought I would share here:

Ok, so I am officially ready for the tinfoil hat club. This morning at 6 am I went outside to blow out the filter on my vacuum and happened to look up at the solar light on my flagpole. I saw a very large light in the sky flying my way. It looked unusual so I kept watching as it came directly over my house. I have lived by several airports and have seen a lot of balloons, fan planes, etc so I have a pretty good idea of what is in the air. I estimate that it flew over at about 1,000 ft, it was about 50 ft across and it had red, green and white lights all around it that flashed off and on in a slow strobe like fashion. By the outline of the lights, it looked triangular in shape and it made absolutely no sound. I live in the country and the only sound in the air was a rooster down the road but this thing was absolutely silent and it went by at about 200 mph because it stayed in sight for a long time and was directly overhead in good viewing position for about 40 seconds. It flew down to around Lake Palestine, hovered for a bit and then flew southwest.

I was outside of the garage and my cell phone was in my office at the other end of the house. I did not want to lose sight of it so I just stayed and watched. I kept calling my wife and got out in time to see it when it was 2-3 miles away but still clearly visible.

If it was a stealth plane, it was moving too slow and it was to large for a stealth helicopter so I really have no idea.

I have no recollection of any anal probes so I guess I am ok.”

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    giphy.gif

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Happened to my dad and I almost 50 years ago while camping in the Texas hill country.

Fast moving lights, stopping and accelerating at sharp trajectories, then disappearing at seemingly impossible speed.

The truth is out there…

cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    It happened to me and my family along with half of the campground in lake Berryessa California as we saw 3 bright lights shooting up towards the sky and disintegrating as it reached the highest point. the whole crowd claimed it was UFOs leaving while others stated they looked like either missiles or rockets launched aiming for space. I was 10 at the time.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Happened to me when I was 17 driving to school in the morning (a 45 minute drive down winding, hilly farm-to-market roads). Off in the distance I saw an F-4 Phantom in silhouette - not unusual, since we lived between Austin and San Antonio and Bergstrom's RF-4C's and F-4E's were constantly flying over. They were a familiar sight and I was already an aviation nut, so I knew that shape well. What was odd was that it wasn't moving very fast at all. So I kept checking every few seconds as I went down the road...and it hung in place in that one spot. As my vantage point changed, I was able to see it from other angles and eventually I realized when viewing it from behind it had no bulges for the engines and intakes and no wings or tailplanes. It was essentially a thick 2D cutout of an F-4, hanging in one spot in the sky. Not long after I crested a hill and it was no longer in my line of sight.

I have no explanation for it.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I will tell you something; when you see a large object fly overhead at speed with zero sound, it is very strange. Even blimps, hot air balloons and other craft make noise. In the country during the still of darkness, I can hear a car on a country road a mile away but this thing was dead silent.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Mine was probably 1986-87. I would have been 11. I'd left my dirt bike in the yard, and went out about 930 to put it away. As I was riding across the yard, a bright light was coming out of the N/E towards me. We lived about 8 miles from a small municipal airport, and less than 5 from a couple dirt strips. So I assumed it was the landing lights on a small plane, which was a common sight.
    I had parked near the front deck facing east, but the shed was directly behind me to the west, so I was just making a slow arc inside the box formed by some trees and a hydrant to get back to the shed.
    As I turned the light seemed to split into 2 lights, which wasn't particularly extraordinary, since I figured the plane was banking and the second landing light had just been exposed.
    What was extraordinary is when it did that again. The 2 lights split into 3, in a perfect flat line. And spread farther apart than would have been possible if it were 3 lights on a small plane.
    It was fairly low, seemed stationary, and honestly it freaked me out.
    I dropped the bike and ran the 50-60' back into the house.
    I drug my folks out the front door, but there was nothing there. There was also no sound of a plane engine.
    I'll discount the fact that I heard no sound as I ran due to state of mind. But there was definitely no sound 10-15 seconds later as we stood on the deck.
    This is river bottom ground. So flat you could SEE the lights of the towns on either side of us, 10 miles away.
    There was no crash, we knew everyone for miles and owned a fair chunk of it. Dead clear night.
    I kinda wrote it off at the time. Odd but no real evidence of anything. But later on as the internet became a thing, I got to seeing videos of similar things. Sorta like the Phoenix lights.
    Flares? Maybe, but on a dead quiet night on the Prarie, who dropped them? From what that you couldn't hear?
    Inversion layer holding the sound above the ground, maybe? But how did it go from seeming stationary to out of sight so immediately?
    I don't insist it was a "ufo". But it was darn sure flying, and I darn sure couldn't identify it. And I sure haven't seen anything like it since...

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    BTW. In maybe 98-99 there was a big ufo sighting a few hours south of us. Lots of people, cops included swore they saw a big black triangle ufo slowly drift a cross several counties.
    In the weeks after that, jets began dropping flares in our area. I only mention it because I saw some of the dropped flares. They were at a MUCH higher Altitude than what I saw. And the jets were audible..

Top Bottom