• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...w-background-check-requirement-for-explosives

---Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday introduced a bill that would require background checks to be run on anyone buying explosive powder, a reaction to last week's Boston Marathon bombing.
    Reid introduced the bill, S. 792, for Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who has been out sick for much of the year. But in a press statement, Lautenberg said the Boston bombing shows that background checks are needed for explosive materials.
    "It defies common sense that anyone, even a terrorist, can walk into a store in America and buy explosive powders without a background check or any questions asked," Lautenberg said Tuesday. "Requiring a background check for an explosives permit is a small price to pay to ensure the safety of our communities.

Under current law, people can buy up to 50 pounds of explosive "black powder" with no background check, and can buy unlimited amounts of other explosive powders, such as "black powder substitute" and "smokeless powder."

Lautenberg's bill would require a background check for the purchase of any of these powders.

It would also let the attorney general stop the sale of explosives if a background check shows the applicant is a known or suspected terrorist, and if there is a belief the explosives will be used for terrorism.

It would also require a permit to make homemade explosives, and direct the government to study how to better trace the use of explosive powders.---

This stuff is getting ridiculous,we all know its a knee jerk reaction to (1) calm the sheep and (2) further their agenda.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "It would also let the attorney general stop the sale of explosives if a background check shows the applicant is a known or suspected terrorist, and if there is a belief the explosives will be used for terrorism."

I can see a lot of ways that could go very wrong.

"We got a tip and have suspended all sales of gun powder until further notice"

"I'm sorry, your s member of a group SPLC considers an extremist group. "

Edit: I realize that SPLC doesn't matter that much, just makin the point any one of us could be put on a list.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I know y'all have seen this probably, this was posted DAYS before the raid and capture of the bombers...

warning.jpg

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    “WARNING: Laws being written to screw you.
    I work on a security commission and I’ve just received word to start campaigning on a campaign we’ve been working on fo the last 2 months and now it all makes sense.

I’ll keep it as short I can.
    They’re going to pin this even on a male late teens to early 20’s and say he did it because he was unstable. They are going to find firearms and a NRA book in his home. They are going to say he used reloading powder for the explosives and that reloading power shouldn’t be for sale to the public. They are then going to say that because the powder in ammunition can be used for explosives that the number of rounds you can buy should be limited and taxed to help pay for these events.
    I can’t do anything or I’ll lose my job and possibly face criminal charges. Please don’t let them get away with it. They won’t find the suspect till later this week and the raid is issued to occur on Friday. This was a staged event. The people hurt are real but the event was planned. Don’t let them hurt our rights.”

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I once heard a gallon of gasoline had more explosive power than a couple sticks of dynamite.

Are those douchebags going to require a BG check before you can use the gas pump too ?

Oh wait in some of them new england shitholes you can't even pump your own gas. Watch them try to turn that yankee retardedness into a federal law.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That guy was wrong.

Not white male, had an agenda, not just unstable, two attackers, not 1. The rest he got lucky and guessed right.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Why don't they just outlaw bombs? That will put an end to it. Oh...wait...............

Well, either way, more laws are needed. That will definitely put a stop to it and bring the whole country together.

Not.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    The bombers were the textbook definition of Caucasian. People from the Caucasus mountain region.

The post doesnt say white male anyway. Male late teens early 20s which fits both bombers.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The powder they used was apparently obtained by cutting open fireworks. Mortar shells, to be exact - one of these kits:

G-702.png

So should we be required to submit to a background check before buying bottle rockets for the 4th of July?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Pointless legislation considering you can easily make black powder out of sulphur, saltpeter, and charcoal. Maybe we should require a background check for those, too.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Pointless legislation considering you can easily make black powder out of sulphur, saltpeter, and charcoal. Maybe we should require a background check for those, too.

And that'll be the next "common sense" legislation, prohibiting possession of unlicensed black powder precursors. :(

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I find all of this new registration talk amusing. In this month's American Rifleman there is a couple of articles concerning new gun registration laws. One article quotes Senator Feinstein as saying the government does not pursue fellons trying to buy guns because the paperwork work is too burdensome. But yet they want to register everything relating to firearms. There are 4 million legally owned AR in this country at last count, probably many more lately. How can registering these 4 million firearms not cause a much greater burden on the ATF than chasing a few hundred felon a year?
    These politicians would be funny, if they weren't so insane themselves.

TX-XD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Austin
    I once heard a gallon of gasoline had more explosive power than a couple sticks of dynamite.

Are those douchebags going to require a BG check before you can use the gas pump too ?

Oh wait in some of them new england shitholes you can't even pump your own gas. Watch them try to turn that yankee retardedness into a federal law.

It does but it needs the right amount of oxygen.

BP is easy to make. Recipes are ancient. Ingredients occur in nature.

There is no way to prevent it.

And shit Chewbacca, even Kirk made it on the fly.
    (Trying to piss of the SciFi nerds)

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom