DEAL So, Anyone tried Brandon Herrera's new gun club?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have a local guy that I use, I make the payment amount and transfer it to his location. $20.00 per transfer, including NFA.

He has an SOT plus is a gunsmith. The best part of it is be is close by.

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    That's nice.

Now, back to the subject...
    I took advantage of the free sign-up, and been digging through the site, and have a few observations:

First off, he claims it's his new site, but the site says they have been in business for 20 years.
    So did he buy someone out, or is he just a paid personality ?
    Selections on ammo & optics kind of suck, and on the ammo, better prices can be found on AmmoSeek, and probably other sites. No Primary Arms, Leupold, or Sig optics.

So I'm probably not going to stay a subscriber ($10/mo).

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    I signed up; I am still scoping it out and deciding how I feel about it but here are some initial observations:
    • 2.5% credit card fee on every transaction.
    • Glock prices are decent; almost Blue Label level.
    • Shipping is not free but it is cheapish and flat rate.
    • Orders to TX don't seem to have any sales tax upon checkout right now. I don't know if that is intended or not.
    • I am still going through and reviewing ammo prices and comparing to other places; that said, I recently bought a case of S&B 9mm 115gr FMJ through another place and paid $259 after all taxes/fees. On FDC, it looks like I can get a case of the same stuff for $243 after CC fee and shipping. That IS a better deal, but I can't help but circle back around to the tax thing. If tax were added into the mix, FDC's price would be in the $260 range. This is an anecdote at best because they use multiple vendors and ammo prices are fluid; take it for what it's worth.
    • There don't seem to be any rebates/coupons/promotional prices.
    I may decide otherwise as time progresses, but I think my overall feeling right now is: if you need something that is not on sale or does not often go on sale (like Glocks) then FDC could make sense. If you have the option to wait for a sale you can probably beat FDC prices. Need to see how things turn out with the sales tax thing but it could be decent for ammo if they stick with eating the tax.

letsget86d

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2024
    Fort Bended Knee
    That's nice.

Now, back to the subject...
    I took advantage of the free sign-up, and been digging through the site, and have a few observations:

First off, he claims it's his new site, but the site says they have been in business for 20 years.
    So did he buy someone out, or is he just a paid personality ?
    Selections on ammo & optics kind of suck, and on the ammo, better prices can be found on AmmoSeek, and probably other sites. No Primary Arms, Leupold, or Sig optics.

So I'm probably not going to stay a subscriber ($10/mo).
    Looks like they updated the wording on their site RE: them being in business for 20 years.
    1727550463503-png.477302

Attachments

• 1727550463503.png
      1727550463503.png
      249.1 KB · Views: 12
    Top Bottom