• ...and so much more!
  • Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    As aa amateur radio operator, I frequently exchange QSL cards with the other operator. Those sent in envelopes arrive in good condition, however frequently if mailed as post cards they are chewed up by the post office machinery. I sometimes wonder why I very never receive damaged junk mail.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    As aa amateur radio operator, I frequently exchange QSL cards with the other operator. Those sent in envelopes arrive in good condition, however frequently if mailed as post cards they are chewed up by the post office machinery. I sometimes wonder why I very never receive damaged junk mail.
    Agree. After receiving envelopes with the top corners torn, especially the business size ones, I now put a small piece of scotch tape on the back at each upper corner, to prevent the machinery from catching the flap edges.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Agree. After receiving envelopes with the top corners torn, especially the business size ones, I now put a small piece of scotch tape on the back at each upper corner, to prevent the machinery from catching the flap edges.

Well recommended. In a former life I did work in shipping/receiving as a career and it's taught me to packaged accordingly, whether it was a wooden crate or a letter, I always prepared for the worst. I even tape the flaps on the USPS (and others) designed flat rate envelopes and ALWAYS place clear tape over both to/from addresses.

I still do a lot of shipping for an eBay business I have and it makes me wince every time I'm in the PO and someone is buying one of their boxes that come with a few strips of tape to close it, especially the medium to large sizes. They are much braver then me. :)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Took 6 days for a shirt to get from Rosenberg to katy

I've got that beat distance wise...Took 2 days for a shipment last week to go a few blocks away from a PO in the same zip.
    I've come to find out that they did away with local sorting some time ago and every piece needs to be sorted at a processing facility rather then locally.:facepalm:

Bobk

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I just sent Coryn an e-mail. Check out the tracking on my package:

1703343645646.png

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

View attachment 421975
    Hopefully you'll eventually get it.
    I just had two used books delivered and put in my mailbox - IN NEW YORK!
    Now I get to decide if I want the hassle, or just write them off. Actually, decisions been made. It's worth it to me to NOT deal with the Post Office.. and it's been a good lesson cheaply learned.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

View attachment 421975

I had mentioned this earlier...but USPS is telling me my check to the insurance company is still on it's way....Or at least the envelope is seeing as the check had already arrived and was posted sometime before December 1st.

I'm really just checking it to see how long it they will keep updating it. :roflsmile:

Attachments

• mail (2).png
      mail (2).png
      61.2 KB · Views: 27

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Love it when the mailman shoves the new mail in the mailbox without bothering to first pick up the outgoing mail.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My sister stopped selling internationally when a package she mailed to Australia was lost and she refunded the money. About 8 months later, she got an email from the customer saying that the package was delivered in with their regular mail that day. Where it was for all that time is a mystery that will never be solved.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    My sister stopped selling internationally when a package she mailed to Australia was lost and she refunded the money. About 8 months later, she got an email from the customer saying that the package was delivered in with their regular mail that day. Where it was for all that time is a mystery that will never be solved.

A box was sent to me on 12/20, I got the pink notice today, 12/23, and it said: "Available for pickup date: 12/12/23." Pretty efficient, huh. I could have picked it up before it got here or was even sent. Pffft.

I'm re-evaluating all my receiving methods; USPS has fallen.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    A box was sent to me on 12/20, I got the pink notice today, 12/23, and it said: "Available for pickup date: 12/12/23." Pretty efficient, huh. I could have picked it up before it got here or was even sent. Pffft.

I'm re-evaluating all my receiving methods; USPS has fallen.
    I have had numerous problems with USPS throughout the years. Lost checks, etc. Typical govt operation. :)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Here's one for ya..

I have Amazon Prime
    Free shipping and delivery
    Whether it comes thru post office or Amazon driver

Amazon knows how to put the right postage on a package..

the post office knows its a prime shipment from Amazon
    because there is always a big ole Prime lable on the packages

Well..the good Ole Post office is keeping 2 packages of mine from Amazon saying that I owe the post office over $5 each and I need to come pay them and get my packages..

To hell with them..I just claimed them not delivered. Which they weren't and get a refund and let them ship them back.

What a bunch of dumbasses..
    As much business as Amazon spends with USPS..you'd think they would just drop off my packages from Amazon.
    I can't even guess why they are saying I owe postage
    1000019446.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom