• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Back to the Regal Beagle.... I swear, did somebody come up with a cash for clunkers program for shotguns?

I finally got that damn magazine tube out of the reciever. (I won't expand right now, except for the usual disclaimer: no animals were harmed in the disassembly of this shotgun. ).......(damn those little batturds are FAST!)

Anyway, spent about 2 hours polishing the the tube and the little plunger thingy.

On to the reciever, and the next major problem....the button you push to release the bolt when it's locked back. (Feels like you need to step on it.)

billpenn47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Buchanan Dam
    Back to the Regal Beagle.... I swear, did somebody come up with a cash for clunkers program for shotguns?

I finally got that damn magazine tube out of the reciever. (I won't expand right now, except for the usual disclaimer: no animals were harmed in the disassembly of this shotgun. ).......(damn those little batturds are FAST!)

Anyway, spent about 2 hours polishing the the tube and the little plunger thingy.

On to the reciever, and the next major problem....the button you push to release the bolt when it's locked back. (Feels like you need to step on it.)
    Sounds like the shotgun is in really bad condition. How bad is the barrel? Anyway, sounds like you will have to soak the receiver for a while to maybe loosen things up. You really think, that after you get this shotgun all apart, and cleaned up, that it will be shootable?

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Sounds like the shotgun is in really bad condition. How bad is the barrel? Anyway, sounds like you will have to soak the receiver for a while to maybe loosen things up. You really think, that after you get this shotgun all apart, and cleaned up, that it will be shootable?
    The barrel is fine. It'll shoot when I get through. It would have shot before, but been a PITA as a hunting weapon. I really don't get what happened to this shotgun, but I'll get her like new

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Just a off-side deversion here. I'm on antennae TV, and Roy Rogers is in the background and in the show, they want to kill Trigger. Well, when Trigger died, Roy had him stuffed.

I saw Trigger mounted up close.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    The barrel is fine. It'll shoot when I get through. It would have shot before, but been a PITA as a hunting weapon. I really don't get what happened to this shotgun, but I'll get her like new
    Ummm...well, you know, you got me to thinking, soaking the reciever isn't a bad idea. The problem is, I can't remove the stock. (Factory recoil pad).

But , I may do it anyhows, 5 gallon bucket and somma that soylent green stuff (snicker snicker).

billpenn47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Buchanan Dam
    Ummm...well, you know, you got me to thinking, soaking the reciever isn't a bad idea. The problem is, I can't remove the stock. (Factory recoil pad).

But , I may do it anyhows, 5 gallon bucket and somma that soylent green stuff (snicker snicker).
    You might check on that. Even factory recoil pads have to come off. Most times the holes that the screws go in are really small.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    Gonna try to drive a couple of pins out of the reciever in a little bit. First I gotta change the rats litter and feed them, the twertle,the Betta, and the possums.
    Still need to take that 911 to at least one rat.

billpenn47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2018
    Buchanan Dam
    Thought I would show you this. Bought it at a garage sell this morning. Cleaned it up, and just got back from shooting it. Stevens model 35 .22 single shot.
    MVC-00st1.JPG

Top Bottom